Synapse Logo patch Redesign

I love my new synapse. I wish it were bigger (1600 like the Smart Alec)
    My school keys hang from other bags Timbuk2 and/or Brain Bag) and I would like to have them more accessible.
    The Front Tom Bihn logo could be sewn on the left and right sides leaving the logo as a loop where I could clip my keys.
    Small change that could be used for keys, H2O bottle or whatever.

You can fit up to a 1L bottle in the dedicated pocket, and you can always affix your keys to a key strap and thread it so that the keys are outside the bag. Unless one wanted to clip a flashing light to the bag (when cycling, say), I'm not sure why an extra loop would be needed. Regardless, this loop would need to be ultra-reinforced so it could actually handle the drag of whatever was threaded through it, so I doubt the label would be a good contender.

Volunteer Moderator

Hook a split ring to your front picket zipper tab if you want to carry keys outside

Quote Originally Posted by jonefed View Post
    I love my new synapse. I wish it were bigger (1600 like the Smart Alec)
    My school keys hang from other bags Timbuk2 and/or Brain Bag) and I would like to have them more accessible.
    The Front Tom Bihn logo could be sewn on the left and right sides leaving the logo as a loop where I could clip my keys.
    Small change that could be used for keys, H2O bottle or whatever.
    @ jonefed, I don't like to leave my keys hanging from the outsides of my bags, but what you could do for your Synapse is hook a split ring through the metal zipper tab of one of the two front pockets with zippers above the logo patch. Then you could attach your keys either directly to the split ring, or to a mini carabiner, keystraps, or lanyard that passes through the split ring. This would also let you drop the end of the suspended keys into the zippered side pocket at the left (as you face the front of the bag) if you want to minimize the risk of losing said keys while still having them accessible.

Take a look at notmensa's pictures in the second post of the http://www.tombihn.com/forums/custom...s-synapse.html thread to see how you could secure the split ring to the zipper tab and hook in a mini biner for your keys. I like to use black zinc split rings, but any sort will do, and you can probably transfer the split ring from a keychain that you already have.

Incidentally, I love the way that each of Tom's bags is designed to work with the structure, size, and features of that particular bag. The feature you admire in the Brain bag works well there, but on the smaller Synapse, the front piece of material with the logo attached is small, and the side edges are curved to fit to the side pockets. I believe that putting a loop there and encouraging people to clip items as heavy as a water bottle there would put stress on the fabric and side seams that join to the side pockets. just my thoughts, YMMV.

HTH, moriond.

Don't forget that you can get a 16" key strap and hook it to one of the side pocket "O" rings. This should keep the keys secure inside the pocket but available to use without unhooking the keys.

I hang stuff (like my Hello Kitty Key zipper pull and my Herdy key ring) to my zipper pulls....
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Tom has added that nifty piece of hardware on all three backpacks: the Brain Bag, the Smart Alec and the Synapse.

Search Results hydration

I am sure that we can all find a way to use it as a key holder. :)

This is how my Timbuk2 logo holds my light or keys
    It is great when i bike and want the safety light visible
    Name:  P1010413.JPG
Views: 600
Size:  682.0 KB
    This how my school keys hang on my Brain Bag
    Name:  P1010414.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  260.1 KB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0