Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By darbs

Thread: New idea for the Citizen Canine

New idea for the Citizen Canine

I would like it if, instead of the roll of dog bags, there could be a roll of sanitizer bags so that I could use the Citizen Canine for traveling and sanitize my hands without opening a bag.

Do sanitizing bags exist? Would such a setup be easier than just carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer in your pocket?

I meant the sanitizing towels, not the bags sorry. I have the bottle of hand sanitizer in a pocket of my bag, but I do not like to touch and open my bag with dirty hands, for instance when I am traveling. So I was thinking the citizen Canine is small enough to hang on a larger bag. And I can carry a lll sorts of cleaning things in it for the whole family. The little roll seems handy to pull out these little wet towels.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will work because there is no way for the towels to maintain their moisture within the confines of the CC; plus, as you pull the item through the rubber portal in the CC, it squeezes it tight. I imagine this would get kind of messy. The CC doesn't have a huge capacity, so I don't think it will hold as much as you are envisioning, either.

When I said pocket, I meant a pocket of your clothing. That seems like the easiest-access option to me.

seville, that is sort of an intriguing idea. Not sure how it would work, but if you figure out a "hack" please be sure to post. The opening for the bags is similar, and it may be possible to rig something with a travel-size Wet Wipe bag. I agree with Badger that the wipes might dry out quickly.

My mom gave me these for my Uganda trip this summer. They worked great, especially when 12 of us had no way to wash our hands before eating snacks on a bus headed to the zoo. (My Ugandan sponsor kids were fascinated by the "no water" concept.) You could keep them in an outer pocket like a pen or rig a tether of some kind.

Walgreens*Instant Hand Sanitizer Spray 5 pack | Walgreens

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    seville, that is sort of an intriguing idea. Not sure how it would work, but if you figure out a "hack" please be sure to post. The opening for the bags is similar, and it may be possible to rig something with a travel-size Wet Wipe bag. I agree with Badger that the wipes might dry out quickly.

My mom gave me these for my Uganda trip this summer. They worked great, especially when 12 of us had no way to wash our hands before eating snacks on a bus headed to the zoo. (My Ugandan sponsor kids were fascinated by the "no water" concept.) You could keep them in an outer pocket like a pen or rig a tether of some kind.

Walgreens*Instant Hand Sanitizer Spray 5 pack | Walgreens
    Ethyl Alcohol - 62 %Antimicrobial

Inactive Ingredients
    Aloe Vera , Blue #1 , Yellow #5 , Fragrance , PEG-18 Dimethicone , Tocopheryl Acetate , Water (Aqua)

On the warning tab
    Avoid contact with broken skin. Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation or rash appears and lasts Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away..

Furthermore, "fragance" can be anything even toxic stuff, I can't understand what the two before water are and that makes my allergic to everything self very worried.

My thought would be to take a 2oz or less Nalgene or GoToob, fill it with Antiseptic alcohol available for a dollar or less, water and a little bit of aloe vera gel.

It can be sprayed onto tissues or cut paper towel including the ones that are given on planes.

This is however, a very smart alternative product when going on adventure when one's know washing won't be possible and has tested the product beforehand.

Just sayin... because I know that there are sensitive skin people on the board. :)
    Last edited by backpack; 04-11-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Oh backpack, what ratio of each to make that? That is exactly what my sensitive skin needs!

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    Oh backpack, what ratio of each to make that? That is exactly what my sensitive skin needs!
    Well... I don't know because I usually have a spray bottle of plain water to use in my urban, urban parks or regional/national parks adventures, I am usually never far from a bathroom and its soap, which I usually have a bad reaction too as well.

First Aid Alcohol is very drying to the skin so that is why a moisturizing medium like aloe vera is added.

Make sure to only use the kind with only 2 ingredients, Active ingredient: Isopropyl Alcohol - 70 % First Aid Antiseptic, inactive Ingredient: water.

In addition, aloe vera make it more gel like and thus easier to handle. Experiment to find out how thick you want the product. (experiment with a cheap brand, but use the purest aloe vera gel you can afford for the final formula and product you use everyday)

In the small bottle squeeze 2 drops of aloe vera gel, then pour the First Aid Alcohol which already has water, so no need to add any. Put cap on bottle. Shake then use one drop of that on your hand, if necessary, add 1 or 2 drops of aloe vera and so on until you have the perfect consistency.
    Write down how much drops of aloe vera you use and how much of the liquid you pour in the small bottle so that you have your formula ready to make another batch.

Make sure the aloe vera used is something your skin agree with.

I believe I have became allergic to my usual brand, which I use as a body moisturizer, not fun. So I will switch to a brand with less ingredients and organic, which means more expensive.

You can gift the experiments by decorating cute little bottles with your own printed label and nice bows. :) Most people do quite well with run of the mill cosmetics ingredients and they will appreciate someone putting them in portable size. :)

The cute little bottles could be packaged in a Small Yarn Stuff Sacks which are the cutest ever!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0