Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By conejo23

Thread: Vertically oriented organizer pouches?

Vertically oriented organizer pouches?

I'd love to see these. Especially, I'd love to see one specifically sized for the iPhone. The mini is too small. It will fit, but you gotta really work to get it in and out of there. The small fits easily, but it's bigger than it needs to be.

I'd love to see a vertically oriented pouch I could use for my iPhone. Just throwing that out there.

Yes, vertical pouches would be lovely for the briefcases, like the Cadet. I have a smaller Cadet and the medium pouches fit perfectly when stood on end, but I pretty much have to pull the pouch completely out of the Cadet to get into it. Having a zipper across the top would be wonderfully convenient.

Oh, and if I didn't have to take the pouches out of the bag to access their contents, I wouldn't need keystraps on them, which would cut down on tangling and shifting, too. I like this idea more and more as I think about it!
    Smart Alec, Cadet (11/i), Little Swift, Field Journal Notebook, Organizer Pouches, Organizer Wallet, Yarn Stuff Sacks, Key Straps, Snake Charmer, Zipper Pulls, Strapeez

Wow. I don't know why I never thought about it. A vertical pouch would be ideal for an iPhone. For me, it doesn't even need a huge amount of padding... but I remember the first time I got my iPhone, and I excitedly went to try to fit it into a mini pouch, and it didn't fit!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

It kinda surprises me that there's this device that's as ubiquitous as the iPhone, and yet there isn't a pouch designed specifically to accommodate it. I'm guessing the thought is that the small pouches will hold it, but there's some wasted space there, and in my mind the vertical orientation would be a better fit for this usage scenario.

Would love to hear Tom's input on this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by conejo23 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, folks.

It kinda surprises me that there's this device that's as ubiquitous as the iPhone, and yet there isn't a pouch designed specifically to accommodate it. I'm guessing the thought is that the small pouches will hold it, but there's some wasted space there, and in my mind the vertical orientation would be a better fit for this usage scenario.

Would love to hear Tom's input on this.
    The mini pouch just fits, but only if you store current model iPhones without a case. It was actually a better fit to the earlier iPhone and iPod Touch models (the 3GS and earlier, or 3rd generation iPod Touch and earlier), which had both slimmer and more rounded profiles, and could even accommodate slim cases. See, for example, this old blog post. (That's the limited edition color of periwinkle, by the way.)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0