Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The new Ristretto!

The new Ristretto!

First of all, thanks to everyone at Tom Bihn for getting the bags out five weeks early! I'm getting my 11" MacBook Air this weekend, and now I'll have a bag to go along with it! Thank you thank you thank you!

Of course,s now I have to decide on a color. I'm drawn between the black for practicality, the Navy/Solar for OMG-Solar-Is-Awesome, and the Steel/Iberian as the compromise between neutrality and style. So. . .can I crowd source this decision to the denizens of the boards? Or at least get everyone's opinions? I'm paralyzed with choice!
    Lani likes this.

I have a steel Tristar and a navy/wasabi Zephyr. The steel is really nice, but I love that navy. I'm thinking I need a smaller navy bag...what will it be? ;-)

HURRAY!!! I'm so glad the new Ristrettos are in stock! When will the preorders be shipping? I don't see a charge to my credit card yet.

*sits on the stairs waiting for my order*
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

I also have a preorder for the ristretto 11". I decided to take the black/steel - I think it fits in every situation, business, private... Thank you at TB for getting it out earlier.

Should be getting mine tomorrow! YES! Just one day before a trip to Austin with my wife for her conference. Didn't think I would get it before then. You guys at TB are great! Thank you very much!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Name:  steeliberianblog.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  242.1 KB

Here's a photo of Steel/Iberian. We'll post photos of the other color combinations on the blog tomorrow.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Sweeeeeet!

Looks good Darcy and I like the QR code tag. Is that a featured tag for all TB bags going forward, or just Ristrettos?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Love the new label!

.... In Seattle, where the barcode was invented...Or commercialized anyway.
    Last edited by kmcg; 03-07-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Looks good Darcy and I like the QR code tag. Is that a featured tag for all TB bags going forward, or just Ristrettos?
    Most bags will get the new woven QR code label on the inside. Small stuff (Organizer Pouches, Passport Pouch, etc.) won't.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Most bags will get the new woven QR code label on the inside.
    Why? How does this make the bags better?

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Why? How does this make the bags better?
    If someone admires your bag, you can flip it open and they can point their smartphone at the QR code and be taken to the Tom Bihn website. That's pretty handy actually.
    Darcy likes this.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Well, I debated and debated and debated. I didn't know what to do. Black/Steel or Navy/Solar? Or the dark horse of Steel/Iberian.

It was settled today. I decided on Black/Steel, but it was sold out, so I talked myself into Navy/Solar. I'm worried the navy will be too bright, but my friend (who has one of the 4th of July pouches) assures me that it's quite rich and dark. And I do love me some solar. . .and I'm not going to wait until April. I'm super excited!
    jeffmac likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Well, I debated and debated and debated. I didn't know what to do. Black/Steel or Navy/Solar? Or the dark horse of Steel/Iberian.

It was settled today. I decided on Black/Steel, but it was sold out, so I talked myself into Navy/Solar. I'm worried the navy will be too bright, but my friend (who has one of the 4th of July pouches) assures me that it's quite rich and dark. And I do love me some solar. . .and I'm not going to wait until April. I'm super excited!
    I think the navy/solar looks awesome!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0