Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Black Synapse Blues

Black Synapse Blues

I received my Black/UV Synapse on Tuesday. Still has the tags on it. Still trying to decide if I can keep it. The problem? It's black.

I really really want a Synapse. I wanted plum, but I didn't "discover" TB until the Plum was long gone. Then I tried to order the UV, but when I decided to place the order, Katy discovered they were all gone too.

None of the other colors appealed to me at all. So I went with the Black because at least it had a UV lining. It came, and it IS a really cool bag. LOVE the way it's designed. But I'm afraid to cut the tag off and actually use it because I keep thinking of my very elegant black Namaste Hermosa Bag. A VERY functional knitting bag. But I almost never used it because... it was black. I traded it to a friend for some knitting needles.

I don't hate black. I wear a LOT of black clothing. Yesterday I wore a black shirt, black boots, grey skirt and grey sweater. Today I'm wearing black and brown. I just have never ever liked or carried black bags. Maybe I should have gotten Indigo....

No point to this message. Just sending out my thoughts to the universe.....
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

On the website, it gives you the option to order it a bunch of different colors. Are those not really available? Maybe you can just exchange it for a different color. I'm not a huge fan of black bags either, but mostly because everybody else carries black bags.

If they are listed in the drop down on the left they are available. All the colors I wanted are no longer made (Plum, UV). So I thought I'd try Black/Uv but I'm still not sure....
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

The universe hears and sympathizes.
    Lani and Moose like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

It sounds like Indigo/Solar is calling your name!

I saw Indigo and Navy at the shop and both are breathtaking.

Indigo is the deepest blue you see in pictures of the earth from the space, go to NASA's website for reference. A dreamy color.

Navy is a true navy color. (Navy officers and airline pilots navy)

Indigo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article gives you the various RGB values of Indigo, draw them into a drawing program and compare them to the pictures on the website.

Solar is very sunny, true beautiful lemon yellow that bring a smile to one's face or a song to one's head: "Sunny" or "Soleil" whenever you look at it.

Indigo/Solar is definitely a stellar combination and since your name is White Star, it should fit you like a glove. :D
    Last edited by backpack; 02-24-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Janine and LJW like this.

I hear you, WhiteStar. I bought an Imago in steel/cork/wasabi. When it arrived, I was not smitten with the steel color. But I needed a bag for a trip, there were no other colors available that grabbed me. So I convinced myself that the color will grow on me.

I ended up not bringing the Imago for the trip as planned (to travel as light as can be), used the Synapse instead. I wish I took the time to return it. A few days after my return window passed, the new colors, including black, were announced. I had used my Imago buy a a few times, the color never grew on me.

So my opinion is to buy the bag in the color you like. Of course, it is a problem when the color you like is gone or does not exist.

I am not helping . . . . :)- I guess I am just emphatizing.

@ WhiteStar here's a pic of my Indigo synapse. I LOVE Indigo.

Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Oh boy what a dillema. I hear ya. I have the green/solar synapse. I want to buy the navy/solar now that it's avaliabe.

OMG!! OMG!! Katy called me and SHE FOUND ONE LAST UV SYNAPSE!!! The Black/UV Synapse is going back Monday. I am so excited!!!
    WhiteStar in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStar View Post
    OMG!! OMG!! Katy called me and SHE FOUND ONE LAST UV SYNAPSE!!! The Black/UV Synapse is going back Monday. I am so excited!!!
    Congrats! It's a good thing you kept the tags on your BK/UV Synapse!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

That is wonderful, WhiteStar. Congratulations!

Volunteer Moderator
    @WhiteStar I love happy endings.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Yippee, it's so good to get just what you wanted! Isn't Katy amazing!
    backpack, ncb4 and Lani like this.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

oh.....hello......Katy??? ;-)

So happy for you, Whitestar! I waffled too long on UV too. I'm not an Indigo girl. But maybe I could be a navy girl, if I could be assured that my boys wouldn't snitch my Synapse.

I don't know about you all but I think Katy as the most amazing sense of customer service going. I mean really, exactly what other company or individual would do such a thing, mostly NONE. You are going to love the UV Syanpse. I've got a plum one and a uv one and love them both. The uv fabric seems more forgiving somehow. While my uv and plum bags are the same size it seems I can get more in the uv bag. Not always a good thing for my shoulder. :) Congragulations on a great find.
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0