Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Vertical pouches?

Lightbulb Vertical pouches?

So I'm sure many of us have the horizontal pouches. I have a ton of them myself. But I'd really like to see some vertical pouches along with the horizontal. I could see where they could come in just as handy. One specifically I'd like is a vertical padded pouch for my P&S camera, small size. The horizontal small fits it. But this way I can have it stay in a pocket it & just zip it open to take out. For instance, the front open pocket of the imago, which I have, would be perfect for this. The kindle fire pouch is a good example of it already done. Would just like the different sizes offered, like the horizontal. Pretty please.

I love this idea!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I prefer vertical myself, and also would love to see this idea come to pass.

TB already makes a vertical pouch of sorts: the Kindle pouch.

Kindle Pouches: TOM BIHN

Because of its slightly tapered shape, it may not be exactly what you're hoping for. But I've been using it as a vertical pouch for non-Kindle items in my MCB and LCB for a couple of months now, and it works great.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    TB already makes a vertical pouch of sorts: the Kindle pouch.

Kindle Pouches: TOM BIHN

Because of its slightly tapered shape, it may not be exactly what you're hoping for. But I've been using it as a vertical pouch for non-Kindle items in my MCB and LCB for a couple of months now, and it works great.
    Did you get the Kindle Pouch in Cacao Ultrasuede to match your Little Swift, or the padded or Cork versions? There's also the Passport Pouch, but the older style with zipper (pre-RFID blocking) work better as vertical pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Did you get the Kindle Pouch in Cacao Ultrasuede to match your Little Swift, or the padded or Cork versions? There's also the Passport Pouch, but the older style with zipper (pre-RFID blocking) work better as vertical pouches.
    moriond, I got the Kindle Pouch in Cacao Ultrasuede, because I love that color and that fabric.

Yeah I mentions the kindle pouch. It is not what I am looking for. I just want the regular padded pouches with the zipper moved. I want to be able to put my canon s95 in there. I do have the kindle fire pouch. Maybe I'll order a padded one just to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
    Yeah I mentions the kindle pouch. It is not what I am looking for. I just want the regular padded pouches with the zipper moved. I want to be able to put my canon s95 in there. I do have the kindle fire pouch. Maybe I'll order a padded one just to try out.
    Interesting: so you want a vertical padded pouch for your camera, instead of a horizontal one. If you do order the padded pouch for your Canon s95, I hope you'll post back to the forum. I just got a Panasonic Lumix LX5 which is a little bit bigger, though I hear that it can still fit in the Small Padded Pouch. I'm wondering whether I should order one of those or not.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    There's also the Passport Pouch, but the older style with zipper (pre-RFID blocking) work better as vertical pouches.
    The RFID-blocking version is great for what it does, but I sure miss the older style! I wish they still made them so we'd have a choice.

If anyone has one they're willing to part with, please let me know!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Thought I'd bring this idea to the fore again...

I recently made my first TB purchases: the Small and Medium Cafe Bags. Because these are vertical bags, I find it would be quite helpful to have small- and medium-sized vertical pouches for these bags. It would be nice to be able to open the pouches while they are still inside the CBs, instead of always having to remove them! TB staff, please consider adding these vertical pouches to your lineup. Thanks!

They would not only work with the Cafe Bags but with the Ristretto, Synapses 19 and 25, the Smart Alex and the Brain Bag.

A Large Vertical Pouch would especially be handy. as it would enables somebody to remove paperwork without removing the Pouch.

Very handy, especially at the doctor or at an interview.

Or at a workshop with multiple bags like a Swift or Little Swift in a Synapse with patterns or sketches in the Large Pouch.

I second or is that third the idea for vertical pouches....
    I would also suggest that the ones for 8.5 x 11 paper have a ring at each corner on the zipper top end.

that way if you want, you "could" attach the thin shoulder strap ..... hmmm

a wide version would sort of be like the backpack packing cube wouldn't it? but smaller in the height and length dimensions?

interesting to contemplate....

I would LOVE a vertical pouch that's 6" wide by 9" tall to hold 8.5"x11" paper folded in half. I would use it in the front pockets on the Tri-Star for receipts, etc. while traveling. Sliding receipts into those pockets is actually a bit tough, but I think a pouch would improve it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any pouch in that size range (vertical or horizontal.) (Well, the kindle pouch is about the right size, but I don't want padding for receipts! A clear front would be nice, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    I would LOVE a vertical pouch that's 6" wide by 9" tall to hold 8.5"x11" paper folded in half. I would use it in the front pockets on the Tri-Star for receipts, etc. while traveling. Sliding receipts into those pockets is actually a bit tough, but I think a pouch would improve it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any pouch in that size range (vertical or horizontal.) (Well, the kindle pouch is about the right size, but I don't want padding for receipts! A clear front would be nice, too.)
    @jmoz, I use the Medium Clear OP for just this purpose. I've never found it difficult to put in folded 8.5"x11" paper, and everything stays nice and tidy. I pack an empty Medium OP every time I go to a conference or travel abroad. I think the most I've put in there is somewhere around 15 pages, but as I recall there was room to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    @jmoz, I use the Medium Clear OP for just this purpose. I've never found it difficult to put in folded 8.5"x11" paper, and everything stays nice and tidy. I pack an empty Medium OP every time I go to a conference or travel abroad. I think the most I've put in there is somewhere around 15 pages, but as I recall there was room to spare.
    Hey, thanks. Does it fit well in the front pocket of the Tri Star?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0