Thoughts on Smart Alec

I have both the Synapse and the Smart Alec. A lot has been written on both of them in the forums; and they are very distinct bags, I think. Hands down, the synapse is by far the most compact, the most organized, most un-assuming not-a-backpack-backpack one can own. It holds a ton; looks tiny no matter how stuffed; and carries handsomely.
    The Smart Alec is great --cos it is capacious and can take a ton of oddly shaped items; stuff can be organized in different ways; and it holds a lot.

My suggestions about the Smart Alec are the following:
    1. It would be fantastic if it had the same kind of back as Synapse. I know this request has been made by others. It would make it a lot more useable in some ways.
    2. I still think it would be worth figuring out how to re-design so that it can be cinched down on the sides. The best asset of the bag is its depth, but it is also its challenge. It is not about whether it will fit anywhere--it does; but visually it LOOKS much bigger than others, and if it can be cinched the load will be better balanced and it will look smaller.

These should not have to be major redesigns; I would not change anything else really---including the cinch straps up front. Most handy for many things.

Thanks
    shiva

keb
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    My suggestions about the Smart Alec are the following:
    1. It would be fantastic if it had the same kind of back as Synapse. I know this request has been made by others. It would make it a lot more useable in some ways.
    Yes please!! Stay cool mesh for sweaty backs!!

Cool mesh would be nice -- especially if current Smart Alecs could be retrofitted for a reasonable fee.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0