Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Synapse Sadness

Synapse Sadness

So I finally decided I was going to get a Synapse. In UltraViolet.

But I have an order that I haven't even received yet, so I felt guilty about placing another order. But what if the UV goes out of stock?!?!?

So I emailed Katy this morning to find out how many UV Synapses are still in stock. You know what's coming, right?

There are NONE (even though it's not marked as such - YET - on the website).

So. Sad. Here.

(Now anxiously waiting to hear if they will be making more or not...)
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Oh, that is such a big bummer. :-(

*fingers crossed for more to be made*
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Volunteer Moderator
    Oh, dear. WhiteStar, you also had a long wait for your orders in January, and your large cafe bag in Cordura turned out to be a dog hair magnet. Maybe Katy can keep track if someone sends back an UltraViolet Synapse and put your name on it. Sympathy.

moriond

Major bummer! Did Katy say when, if ever, they might make more?

Well.... haven't heard back from Katy yet but it's now not even listed as an available color. (Unlike, when simply out of stock, it gets marked with a "*".) So I'm thinking that is Very Bad.

Is there a Tom Bihn Order Curse?

If so I have it. My first order was weather delayed twice. The second order (which I placed a week ago) has not shipped yet because one item is out of stock. I ordered a bunch of small stuff (pouches, key straps, etc) and one of them went out of stock apparently just as I placed my order. Given that nothing was very expensive, it seemed crazy to pay a shipping fee of $8 on an item that only cost $20, so the whole order is waiting for all items to be back in stock. And now, no UV Synapse for me. And NONE of the other colors appeal to me at all. Sigh.

(Trying to make myself like the Iberian or the Indigo but it's not working - I am a Pink/Purple girl all the way... )
    Last edited by WhiteStar; 02-06-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Hi White Star: that is a bummer. I have never had this much woe, although I have to say that of late TB has been out of stock a lot. It is good news for them! I love the Iberian--it is a very rich color and I think you will like it. The Synapse is a wonderful bag--my all time favorite TB bag--and the Indigo is amazing too. So I don't think you can go wrong. I prefer the cordura over the dyneema--feels a bit more structured; but that is just my preference.

I really don't know why I don't like the Indigo. It is a bright blue, and I do like the bright colors, but it's just not me. I do wear a lot of blue, (and very little pink or purple)) but my "stuff" is usually pink or purple or sometimes bright green (like Kiwi). Maybe it looks too much like primary, fingerpaint blue, where as I tend to go for more "complex" blues. I do like the Solar lining.... I kept thinking a UV bag with the Solar inside would be the *perfect* Synapse (unless of course it was made in Azalea....)

The Iberian is a possibility. It is pretty.

Okay here's the Really Silly Thing... All my dog show stuff is either PINK (extension cord, doggie dryer, combs, brushes, towels, various totes and carriers) or LEOPARD (dryer tote, comb/brush tote) or a combination (pink leopard dog beds, crate covers, ringside tote). Neither the Iberian or the Indigo will go with my stuff. Isn't that ridiculous??

(And I'm glad I didn't buy the Purple Kleen Kanteen I saw yesterday... I was imagining how lovely it would look with my not yet purchased UV Synapse.... but (in a very rare moment of self-restraint) I resisted temptaion.)
    WhiteStar in Colorado

Don't despair.

February is right after The Crew takes their Winter break during the Holidays. The MacWorld/iWorld Conference {which usually bring much Apple Inspired Innovation inside Tom's Neurones :) }, and it is right before tax time, so there are a lot of activities at Tom Bihn Inc.

Darcy, Katy and Brian are busy designing, updating, testing, troubleshooting, retesting... the entire website: Home page, Product Pages, Blog and Forum.

And also the day to day business including phone manning, products picture taking and all other aspects needed to run a business.

I don't know about other forum members but I feel that Tom Bihn Inc people are like family or the coolest group of friends ever, I sometime forget that they are all part of a business that makes bags.

I am sure that plenty of announcements will come shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I don't know about other forum members but I feel that Tom Bihn Inc people are like family or the coolest group of friends ever, I sometime forget that they are all part of a business that makes bags.
    *Gasp* That's so sweet! We think you're pretty cool too!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

White Star,
    What a bummer. I was going to suggest a plum Synapse. The plum color is soooo rich, I absolutley love it. Then I looked at the web page. Its not listed as an option. :( All I can say is don't give up hope. I've found the TB crew to be a great group and I know they'll do whatever they can to help you out.
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I heard from Katy. No UV Synapse to be found and no plans in the near future to make more. Sob.

Huge Thanks to Katy for trying to find one for me.

So.... back to the drawing board. Can I do Iberian? Indigo? I have to think and imagine myself carrying each and see if either one "fits"? (Does anyone else do this?)
    WhiteStar in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStar View Post
    I heard from Katy. No UV Synapse to be found and no plans in the near future to make more. Sob.

Huge Thanks to Katy for trying to find one for me.

So.... back to the drawing board. Can I do Iberian? Indigo? I have to think and imagine myself carrying each and see if either one "fits"? (Does anyone else do this?)
    We all do this!

When I was a brand new customer, I let a Brain Bag in a favorite color get away, I thought a more "conservative color" was better. I got a gorgeous Steel Brain Bag which is perfect for my husband to carry. But to this day, I miss the forever gone color, in reaction I got everything I could afford in a similar color eversince.

To get the colors you like the most, you have to plan your Tom Bihn purchases all year long.

I suggest using the Tom Bihn Wish List extensively, putting birthday and holiday money aside to get the items you wish, doing an order by season Spring/Summer or/and Fall/Winter or by color or for a hobby or for a specified trip/conference/event.

Tom likes both warm colors in the yellow spectrum and cool colors in the blue spectrum.

When he came up with a Navy/Storm/Saphire Imago, I almost fainted and ordered it, it was -that- gorgeous.

It is only the memories of a similarly shaped bag I had in high school which reminded me that wearing large East/West messenger style bags is -not- for me.

Before Azalea and Turquoise came on, the warm colors loving girls had all the luck in the Little Swift department.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    *Gasp* That's so sweet! We think you're pretty cool too!
    Katy did you draw the picture? <3

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I know I'm late to the session WhiteStar, but my condolences. I know the feeling. I have had a few woulda-shoulda bags that went OOS never to be seen again, and of course those who snagged them covet them and view them as CDH status. Janine's been lucky with the veggies and prayers, but I would say she is the exception, not the rule.
    I never realized it before, but much of my TB is CDH to me now. Last night I was pinning my bags and it surprised me to see the number of them that are no longer available. I agree with backpack and others, if you see a color combo you like, order it if you possibly can, if you don't, it may go OOS and you will be OOL. :(
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Ok I give up .. I'm sure it will be obvious when you tell me but ..

Dorayme, what the heck does CDH stand for? ... google just says it's something to do with health care.....
    List under construction ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0