Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Synapse Sadness

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Ok I give up .. I'm sure it will be obvious when you tell me but ..

Dorayme, what the heck does CDH stand for? ... google just says it's something to do with health care.....
    I know. It's making my head explode.

WhiteStar, it probably wouldn't hurt to send out a message asking if anyone here has an UV Synapse they'd be willing to sell or trade for a different color. Maybe a Forum member has multiple Synapses and wouldn't mind parting with one. Of course, being willing to pay more for an out-of-stock item could help . . . especially if that item is "CDH." Or something ;)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStar View Post

So.... back to the drawing board. Can I do Iberian? Indigo? I have to think and imagine myself carrying each and see if either one "fits"? (Does anyone else do this?)
    The iberian is very lovely and 'goes' very well with purple... not so sure about pink though....

Name:  tb_purple-1.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  114.9 KB

The plum in the above pic is pretty true (on my screen at least) but somehow the iberian just never shows its real properties - the camera seems to pick up the white a bit too much .. the red really is deeper and richer than this pic shows.

it looks much closer in this picture (that's an iberian PCBP under the food)
    List under construction ....

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Cold dead hands
    sorry to make a mystery
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

What a bummer, White Star! I can relate, a little. I had my eye on the Plum Synapse with the cheery Solar lining (my heart still squeezes thinking of it!), but alas, it was No More as well. I ended up purchasing a Black/Ultraviolet one (I wanted cordura) and I love it! Because of the layout of the Synapse- all of those wonderful zippered pockets!- you see the lining frequently, much more than even the forum photos let on. For example, when I'm driving I frequently leave the water bottle pocket unzipped so that I can access my water bottle easily. Sometimes the pen pocket as well. So it happens that there is plenty of Ultraviolet smiling at me as I drive about. (Obviously when I wear it I make sure all of the pockets are zipped up.) Perhaps the black with ultraviolet will give you enough of your ultraviolet fix? I know black gets a bad rap in some quarters as too boring or basic, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the combo. Maybe you could order a couple different color combos so you could see them in person and then make your decision and return one of them. Whatever color you end up choosing, I know you're going to be impressed with the Synapse. Best Wishes!

Noooooooo! I go away to start the semester and come back to find out the Ultraviolet Synapse, the one I've wanted since the Dyneema Synapse was announced, is discontinued?! I was waiting until I had enough money to buy another Synapse (I have the Steel/Solar Dyneema one, and the Plum/Solar one) but I didn't think they would discontinue the one I wanted . . .
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Thanks for all the sympathy! It does make it a little bit better to know this has happened to others.

Now thinking about Navy or Olive.... Is the Olive an "army green" or more vibrant? Will the Navy be too dark? I just can't put my finger on what it is I don't care for with the Indigo. Is it really as bright as all the pictures? To me, Indigo should be more towards the violet side of the spectrum whereas this looks much closer to the very blue sapphire lining in my LCB.

Haven't ruled out the Iberian, but if I can't have my UV, I think I'd prefer the more structured (dog hair attracting!) Cordura.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

I guess I should have ordered my steel and ultraviolet copilot sooner. I finally found the justification to purchase it and now it's no longer listed as an option. *sniff*

Cardinal copilot to be ordered today.
    Last edited by snowbot; 02-07-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    ncb4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Katy did you draw the picture? <3
    Nope. I'm not THAT talented ;).
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Cold dead hands
    sorry to make a mystery
    …as in the National Rifle Association slogan, "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"?

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    I guess I should have ordered my steel and ultraviolet copilot sooner. I finally found the justification to purchase it and now it's no longer listed as an option. *sniff*

I've got one; I think you'll love it. It's a gorgeous color, and a great bag, too.
    snowbot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Janine's been lucky with the veggies and prayers, but I would say she is the exception, not the rule.
    I keep my eyes on eBay and Craiglist/Searchtempest. I also let it be known on this forum that I'm looking for something.

@WhiteStar, would you mind if your Synapse was second-hand? If I see one for sale somewhere, I'll let you know.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I was also too late to get a travel tray. I think I'm going to have to take backpack's advice and plan my purchases better. Or just not plan and be more impulsive.

Drat! on the *sniff*

Ouhhhh gimme, on the Cardinal!
    Last edited by backpack; 02-07-2012 at 05:13 PM.

I was also too late to get a travel tray. I think I'm going to have to take backpack's advice and plan my purchases better. Or just not plan and be more impulsive.
    *The Travel Tray is available for backorder. Ships by mid-March.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    *The Travel Tray is available for backorder. Ships by mid-March.
    I should have clarified. Too late to get a Travel Tray with this order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0