Laptop/Garment bag?

As I change life modes from student to professional, I realize I will need a carry-on garment bag fitting a couple suits, yet I will still need my trusty iBook and I haven't found a bag out there made for both purposes. Either it's an oversight by bag makers everywhere, or there is something really dumb about this idea that I just need pointed out to me. Thanks!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hmmm...I'm having a little troulbe visualizing this. Do you have a couple carry-on garment bags that you like that you could give us links to?
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

AHhhhh I spent a while on this post and my work computer (windoze :P ) locked up so here's the new short version:

Skyway open
    Skyway closed
    Boyt (no open pic avail)

Wouldn't a pretty decent option be to find the best bag for storing suits and then just putting the monolith or Braincell into that bag. The small hoops you connect the monolith and braincell into are nice but usually not overly important. Wouldn't that give you the best of both worlds, and with the braincell at least with it's pocket you can use that as the only bag you bring with you ?

Cobos
    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

yeah you might be right. i just wasnt sure what is the best way. while i am sure this solution works, maybe it wont feel right or balance right the way a tom bihn bag would ;)

Wink

Well I'm pretty sure if Tom Bihn put his mind to it he could come up with a better solution than a loose braincell within another bag. But the impression I've got is that he's busy working on the maximum carry on bag at the moment and thus any radically new design might take some time. Of course Tom Bihn himself knows that a lot better than someone like me trying to guess :)

Cobos
    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

Ha and I thought my Brain Bag w/ Brain Cell was the ultimate carry on. It was the only bag I brought for a 15 day trip to Japan and it worked out great! I left some socks and underwear to make room to bring home gifts, but otherwise everything fit!

Truthfully, the only problem I had wasn't even really related to the bag itself. I had my iPod 30gb and my Nintendo DS in side the Brain Bag which was also inside a tent. The tent sprung a leak and we were away from it all day. The bag soaked through, the iPod and DS became soaked. The iPod was toast permanently. The DS recovered 100% a day later after full disassembly and drying. I found out 10 minutes before going to see Beck, so it was a bummer of a walk down there, but he picked my spirits right back up.
    Last edited by hypercube; 10-06-2005 at 12:05 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Yikes! Sorry about your iPod. Ortlieb makes some cool completely waterproof pouches.

Have you replaced your iPod yet or are you waiting for one of the new iPods that are supposed to debut on the 12th?

Thanks for the links to the garment bags. I think a Tom Bihn garment bag could be really cool, but it won't happen for a while, because as Cobos said, there are a lot of bags in the works, including the maximum carry-on bag.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Wow some cool products there. Can't go back in time now though. To be honest, I bought the nano the day after it was released and I love it. I didn't think the Orlando Apple Store would have it in stock, but was pleasantly surprised. We always get the new products later than the west coast stores.

I never thought I would be okay with reducing 30gb down to 4gb, but the physical dimensions more than make up for it. Not to mention that it's flash memory rather than a standard hard drive mechanism, and my 30gb was the old school with no color screen so now I have my photos of the Japan trip everywhere I go... and do I really need to bring that Milli Vanilli album with me everywhere?

I also went through all my photos and I don't have any with the Brain Bag in it! Sorry!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0