Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By maverick
  • 3 Post By Badger
  • 1 Post By tCook
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: cork breve

Volunteer Moderator

cork breve

just saw that the breve for ipad / ipad 2 is now available in cork! it looks just gorgeous!
    -m

You're so right! I have to say that initially, the Breve's aesthetics didn't really grab me (or maybe I'm a philistine), but the natural materials look great. I have a Miniot screen cover for my iPad, and the oak would look super inside the Cork Breve.

It really is gorgeous. I saw it today and said, "Wow. You're not going to see anyone else carrying a bag like that."

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We had wanted to make the Breve available in Cork for a long time, but the great (and temporary) Cork shortage of 2011 delayed that. Until now!
    dorayme likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

What about a cork case for the 13" MBP?? An Archetype maybe? ;)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We've talked about it, and it's pretty unlikely... but who knows what ideas Tom will come up with and choose to design next. :)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    You're so right! I have to say that initially, the Breve's aesthetics didn't really grab me (or maybe I'm a philistine), but the natural materials look great. I have a Miniot screen cover for my iPad, and the oak would look super inside the Cork Breve.
    Oh, I should not have looked at that website. I'm just gonna go indulge in an envious sulk and maybe a little rant about how Apple gets all the pretty things. :P You are totally right, though. A Miniot cover in a cork Breve (which even has a super cool *name*) will be awesome.
    Smart Alec, Cadet (11/i), Little Swift, Field Journal Notebook, Organizer Pouches, Organizer Wallet, Yarn Stuff Sacks, Key Straps, Snake Charmer, Zipper Pulls, Strapeez

I revisited the miniot site a day or two ago, and now they have full-body iPad cases. The grain of the wood is really nice.