• 1 Post By Lani
  • 2 Post By tCook
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By Maria
  • 2 Post By Katy
  • 2 Post By Katy

Thread: what does this mean?

what does this mean?

My son just turned 7 on September 11. As usual as birthdays get closer and closer more and more discussion occurs on what is wanted, wished for, etc. Well after he had told me for the 100th time about the Lego sets he wanted so desperately he asked me, "Mommy what do you want for your birthday?" Note my birthday is no where close, I have to wait until February.

Without hesitation I told him a Tom Bihn bag. My 3 year old daughter kept trying to get me to ask for new earrings, but I told her, no, I have a pair of earrings that work just fine, I really want a Tom Bihn bag. "Just remember to tell Daddy, Tom Bihn bag" I said for repetition.

That was a 2 weeks ago. Yesterday while getting groceries the 7 year old asks, "Mom, do you STILL want a Tom Bihn bag?" I replied, "yes M, I do." He looks around at my Little Swift, Shop Bags and Utility Tote and says, "but mommy, you already have so many . . ."

can anybody tell me, what does this mean?
    Last edited by dorayme; 09-15-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: punctuation error
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Dorayme - that's good!

Perhaps they need their own TB bags?
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

It means he's growing up and beginning to understand that other people have birthdays, too and birthday wishes to go along with them.

Remind him that you can never be too rich, too thin or have too many Tom Bihn bags. :-)
    dorayme likes this.

Sounds like your kids are trying to perform their own intervention on you!! lol.

I've never heard the phrase "I have a pair of earrings that work just fine"--it sounds so practical! But I agree; I just wear plain body piercing jewelry in my ears and leave them alone.

I finally got my own Small Cafe Bag and OMG love!!! now I am trying to decide if I want to cross that line (you know that one: "getting the same bag in different colors").
    dorayme likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

It means he needs to see a parallel of never too many Legos and never too many TB bags! (cute story, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Sounds like your kids are trying to perform their own intervention on you!! lol.

I've never heard the phrase "I have a pair of earrings that work just fine"--it sounds so practical! But I agree; I just wear plain body piercing jewelry in my ears and leave them alone.

I finally got my own Small Cafe Bag and OMG love!!! now I am trying to decide if I want to cross that line (you know that one: "getting the same bag in different colors").
    Wait, I'm one of those people who needs an intervention?
    So says the lady with several of the same bags in different colors who is contemplating adding a few more. . .
    Lani likes this.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Cool

Well, I think it's perfectly sane to want every bag in every colour! What's wrong with being organized and have everything matching too? :)
    ncb4 likes this.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Well, I think it's perfectly sane to want every bag in every colour! What's wrong with being organized and have everything matching too? :)
    Agreed, that seems totally normal to me!
    Just and jeffmac like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Seems normal to me too. I just haven't figured out how to make my money stretch like that yet. If any body else does, please let us know?
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Yeah, I have to admit, everybageverycolor, EBEC, is a blog name I'm contemplating. . . jk
    I would just be happy with every bag in one color, or every color, one bag each, lol. Of course this just gets more and more complex with each new release of product or fabric. I start to get weak just thinking about it.

There's not such a thing as hoarding TB bags, is there? Nah, I didn't think so. :-D
    --------
    Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Super Ego, Ego, Imago, Swifts (both sizes), Citizen Canines, Shop Bags (both sizes), Cache (iPad mini), Side Effects, Snake Charmer, Organizer Cubes, Kit, Lights, Packing Cubes, Stuff Sacks, Organizer Pouches, Travel Trays.

Quote Originally Posted by doornum3 View Post
    There's not such a thing as hoarding TB bags, is there? Nah, I didn't think so. :-D
    Not when they're as beautifully organized as yours are! I envy your organizational skills!
    dorayme and TXGirl like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Wait, I'm one of those people who needs an intervention?
    So says the lady with several of the same bags in different colors who is contemplating adding a few more. . .
    /whistles innocently while checking her shipping status on her medium cafe bag... la la la!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0