Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By Badger
  • 5 Post By SusanM

Thread: One more thing!

One more thing!

I just realized one more thing I love about TB bags. You can build a matching set, or a coordinated set (my preference for me is matching) and build your collection over time, but it's timeless, looks so sharp, and it can be totally personalized to your personal needs in bag size and function. I have seen all kinds of matching sets; indigo Tri-Star with matching Co-Pilot, black Aeronaut with matching Smart Alec, Steel Western Flyer with Steel/Cork Imago and a Cork Little Swift along for the ride. Even my little set of Plum Synapse and Side effect. To me each one looks great and I love seeing the pictures, reading the travel and packing notes, and seeing how each combination works well for each person's specific circumstances.
    IMHO its a beautiful thing, the Tom Bihn system of larger bags with infinite possibilities for organization with the pouches, sacks, caches and cubes inserts allows each customer to create a custom set both in color palette and in bag choice.
    I would love to see more pictures of other's sets. I know there have to be more out there than just the ones I have seen featured.
    backpack and ncb4 like this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

I have a Steel/Cayenne MCB that is on its way to keep my Steel/UV WF company when I go to conferences. I like that they're the same on the outside, but have distinct liner colors--and now I just realized that Cayenne and UV kind of clash. Oh well, I'll take a pic anyway, as soon as the MCB arrives.
    dorayme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I have a Steel/Cayenne MCB that is on its way to keep my Steel/UV WF company when I go to conferences. I like that they're the same on the outside, but have distinct liner colors--and now I just realized that Cayenne and UV kind of clash. Oh well, I'll take a pic anyway, as soon as the MCB arrives.
    We will definitely looove to see pictures of the beauties! :)

KmK
    I have to say...I love the fact that there are so many colors to mix-up! The different and sometimes clashing colors both help me remember what's in them and add even more wahoo to an already really cool bag.... (MCB in plum with a LCB in turquoise on order! Assorted pouches in a couple of sizes)

Name:  Untitled Image 1.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  248.0 KB

Here are my indigo pieces. Tristar, Synapse, & Co-Pilot. When I read on the forum that someone picked crimson travel bags so that when bags were moved around in the overhead bins, she/he would only pay attention to the red bags being moved. I decided against any indigo pouches, thinking that all that indigo together would be hard to differentiate inside of a bag, even with contrasting dynema lining. I love getting these ideas from all of you.

Sorry, I don't know how to reduce the size of the photo.

Susan

SusanM, LOVE your Indigo set! It looks so lovely! I was never a huge fan of Indigo, but your set makes it appealing.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

..I LOOOVE your Indigo set SusanM! I wish they would bring Indigo back :(
    Last edited by TXGirl; 09-26-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Can't spell
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by SusanM View Post
    Name:  Untitled Image 1.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  248.0 KB

Here are my indigo pieces. Tristar, Synapse, & Co-Pilot. When I read on the forum that someone picked crimson travel bags so that when bags were moved around in the overhead bins, she/he would only pay attention to the red bags being moved. I decided against any indigo pouches, thinking that all that indigo together would be hard to differentiate inside of a bag, even with contrasting dynema lining. I love getting these ideas from all of you.

Sorry, I don't know how to reduce the size of the photo.

Susan
    I love your Indigo Girls (which is what I call my set of Indigo pieces. And I'm so envious of your Indigo Co-Star; I didn't decide I wanted one until right after the last one was sold (naturally). You've got a beautiful set.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0