Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Loops on Cache

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10

    Loops on Cache

    How about adding loops to the Cache so that it can be easily hung on the annex clips (in the Tri-Start)? Would this then allow the Cache to float within the case?

  2. #2
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,427
    We definitely recommend using a Brain Cell in the Tri-Star -- they're designed to work with each other. There's no elegant way to add webbing loops to the Cache. Additionally, the hard corrugated plastic shell of the Brain Cell protects your laptop from the Annex clip -- the Cache doesn't have a corrugated plastic shell (it's simply padding) and pressing your laptop against the Annex clip might not be a good thing for your laptop.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We definitely recommend using a Brain Cell in the Tri-Star -- they're designed to work with each other. There's no elegant way to add webbing loops to the Cache. Additionally, the hard corrugated plastic shell of the Brain Cell protects your laptop from the Annex clip -- the Cache doesn't have a corrugated plastic shell (it's simply padding) and pressing your laptop against the Annex clip might not be a good thing for your laptop.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of an iPad rather than a laptop. the Brain Cell seems like overkill - and it's quite large. Now if you're planning on building an iPad sized Brain Cell...

  4. #4
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,236
    what about clips on the cache that can be clipped onto o-rings. . . like the organizer pouches and the stuff sacks, but 2 clips vs. just one.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

  5. #5
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I'm thinking more along the lines of an iPad rather than a laptop. the Brain Cell seems like overkill - and it's quite large. Now if you're planning on building an iPad sized Brain Cell...
    Ahh, I'd recommend putting the iPad in its Cache in the (top) deepest of the three front pockets of the Tri-Star. Or, on the left side of the divider in the first compartment of the Tri-Star. The iPad in its Cache fits nicely in either spot.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    what about clips on the cache that can be clipped onto o-rings. . . like the organizer pouches and the stuff sacks, but 2 clips vs. just one.
    Or 4 clips, one at each corner. To be hooked with elastic straps to the 4 corners of the case. This again, should allow the cache to float within the case.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Then again, with tablet computers being so slim, perhaps a slightly padded pocket could actually be sewn into the middle of a Tri-Star? If not used, it wouldn't take up much room, but would be extremely convenient for those that only want to take a long a small tablet.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0