Side Effect size

I love my side effect. It's my everyday bag and I've had it since the side effect first came out.
    Lately it's seemed a bit small for every thing I carry. Is there any possibility a newer version that's larger?

Would the Small Cafe Bag work for you? It carries quite a bit more, but still maintains the discrete and smallish form factor that defines an everyday bag. Of course, there's no waist strap, so it wouldn't work if the waist-pack adaptability matters to you.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    I love my side effect. It's my everyday bag and I've had it since the side effect first came out.
    Lately it's seemed a bit small for every thing I carry. Is there any possibility a newer version that's larger?
    Have you tried a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag? It's a similar orientation and larger.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    Would the Small Cafe Bag work for you? It carries quite a bit more, but still maintains the discrete and smallish form factor that defines an everyday bag.
    flitcraft, it's a good suggestion, but I think it's to mrae's advantage to know that there are also some profound differences between the Side Effect and a Small Cafe Bag.

mrae, if you're looking for a bag that zips completely up and that has detachable shoulder straps, then the Cafe Bag is not going to be that bag. Yes, the CB is a really cute day bag (and it comes in three sizes), but it's much more like a shoulder bag/messenger bag, and it has a big flap in the front. I think the biggest difference though, is that you cannot zip the Cafe Bags completely shut; they rely on a buckle on the front flap, and when that's unbuckled, there's nothing that keeps the top of the bag sealed.

If you don't mind having permanently attached shoulder straps and having a flap in the front and not being able to zip the inside up completely is not an issue for you, then I think you will really like the Cafe Bag. It comes in a rainbow of colors, and because it's one of their more popular day bags, they are sure to continue introducing it in new colors (guaranteed to expand your collection!).

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Have you tried a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag? It's a similar orientation and larger.
    Annnnnnnd this is an intriguing suggestion! As a huge fan of the PCSB myself, I'd also second this suggestion. However there is one big caveat for you: It only comes in Dyneema nylon. So if you have your heart set on the thicker Cordura material, you might be a little disappointed in the fabric.

That said, it has practically all the features of the Side Effect except the waist strap. You will be amazed at how much you can fit in it!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0