Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Dear eBay,

Dear eBay,

I usually don't ask you for anything, so I hope you'll treat this letter with suitable gravity. I must really, REALLY want something to bother you with my request.

The Tom Bihn folks made a color combination that I love, but they currently do not make a lot of bags in it: Indigo/Solar. I have contacted them about the availability of Indigo/Solar Synapses, and I think I'm safe for asking for one for Christmas, but I do need to replace my old rolling carry-on bag sometime soon. I don't mind that part because I got a lot of use out of it, but I do mind not having a Tom Bihn Indigo/Solar option to replace it with.

So I appeal to you. Please use your magical powers to make a Tri-Star or Western Flyer in Indigo/Solar show up with a reasonable Buy-It-Now price (so that I won't forget to bid or accidentally bid against my forum friends). And please consult with my checking account to make sure it appears at a time when I have the money to buy it.

Thanks in advance.

Your pal,
    Janine

ps. If you could also locate a few Sapphire Dyneema items for me, I'd appreciate it.

pps. If you don't think you'll be able to fulfill my request, please let me know and I'll write a letter to "Indigo/Solar, C/O Tom Bihn" and ask it to come back for an encore.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

*cough*IhaveoneindigosolarWesternFlyerwithbackpack strapsinthestore*cough*
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    *cough*IhaveoneindigosolarWesternFlyerwithbackpack strapsinthestore*cough*
    Oh my google, this made me laugh so hard that no sound was coming out. Good thing nobody walked into my office just now. They would have called 911.

The only thing that would have made it better, Katy, is if you created a forum user named "eBay" and replied with that account. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Haha! That would have been hilarious!!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    ps. If you could also locate a few Sapphire Dyneema items for me, I'd appreciate it.
    And Dear Ebay, while you're finding these for Janine, could you please see if you could find some for me and that awesome guy who actually has the Ebay account here?

Joan
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Quote Originally Posted by jaon View Post
    And Dear Ebay, while you're finding these for Janine, could you please see if you could find some for me and that awesome guy who actually has the Ebay account here?
    Me three!

[If by chance there are any of the older non-RFID Dyneema passholder holders, I'd take a couple in ANY color!]
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

DEAL/STEAL of the year?

Tom Bihn black Aeronaught cabin bag carry on near new - eBay (item 300586738808 end time Aug-09-11 11:14:39 PDT)

Saw this pop up yesterday am. Showed it to my friend and it took a few seconds, but purchased it almost as fast as it was posted.

Will get to see it when it arrives...will see if its the real deal. BTW, I would have grabbed it, even though I am perfectly fine with my Tri-star.

Quote Originally Posted by holoholo View Post
    DEAL/STEAL of the year?

Tom Bihn black Aeronaught cabin bag carry on near new - eBay (item 300586738808 end time Aug-09-11 11:14:39 PDT)

Saw this pop up yesterday am. Showed it to my friend and it took a few seconds, but purchased it almost as fast as it was posted.

Will get to see it when it arrives...will see if its the real deal. BTW, I would have grabbed it, even though I am perfectly fine with my Tri-star.
    I saw this on my daily browse and when I refreshed to see deets it was gone, great steal for your friend! :)
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Oh, wow, the same seller had an Empire Builder, and he's located in Sydney so the shipping isn't too silly!

It has a "blue" lining. I'm hoping for Sapphire!

Audrey

Yea I've been definitely checking eBay a lot lately. That was where I won my Ristretto for iPad--(which subsequently convinced me to get my Ristretto for 13" macbook air.)

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

My eBay Empire Builder arrived today, black with sapphire lining!

Not quite as clean as I'd like it to be, but that's easily fixed.

Came with an Absolute Strap as well, which I wasn't expecting!

Anyway, will come in handy I think for transporting part of my library around.

Audrey
    ncb4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    My eBay Empire Builder arrived today, black with sapphire lining!

Not quite as clean as I'd like it to be, but that's easily fixed.

Came with an Absolute Strap as well, which I wasn't expecting!

Anyway, will come in handy I think for transporting part of my library around.

Audrey
    You got the Sapphire lining you were hoping for, which sounds beautiful: and the Absolute Strap is a wonderful bonus. Just hope you're able to clean it up—and then maybe some pictures?

It will clean fine - just a bit of dust and crap such as small fragments of paper inside, not stains or smells or anything.

I don't know if I want to put the TB collection together in one place... I don't think my husband quite realises how much of it there is and I think it is better that he doesn't find out!

Lets see - the big stuff:

Synapse: Kelly/Steel (spare), Indigo/Solar (my EDC), Navy/Solar (my husband's EDC)
    Smart Alec: Steel. (Traded this for the surplus Dyneema Synapse with a lovely forum member in Sydney.)
    Brain Bag: Sapphire. (My husband's - for travel)
    Tristar: Indigo/Solar. (My travel bag)
    Zephyr: Steel/Wasabi (mine), Black/Wasabi (my husband's)
    Empire Builder: Black/Sapphire
    Utility Tote: about 9 of them, in different colours. Used for shopping, and colours used to prevent cross-contamination. Crimson=raw meat, Black=soap, laundry liquids etc. that you don't want near food, etc. Also used as colour swatches. :+>
    Large Shop Bag: about 6-8 of them, in Solar, Iberian and UV.
    Little Swift: 2 x Kiwi, and Forest and Cardinal.
    Field Journal: Conifer

And of course millions of pouches, stuff sacks, packing cubes, several Kits, etc.

Not to forget a drawer full of Absolute Straps - they're fantastic!

Audrey

LOL..I know exactly what you mean about not wanting the hubby to realize how much TB you have. That's why I send some of my shipments to my mom's house as well :)
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Add me to the list of wives not wanting their husbands to realize the full extent of their VAST and ever-increasing TB collection!
    backpack and enjih like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0