Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Dear eBay,

I think it's because it's Navy/Iberian which is no longer available.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Dear eBay,

How about an Olive/Cork Imago?

Thank you!
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStar View Post
    Dear eBay,

How about an Olive/Cork Imago?

Thank you!

BAH! I totally had one two weeks ago that just found a home :(.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Seriously? Well I guess the moral of the story is that you really should call if you want something that "isn't available" any more....
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

You mean people are willing to spend THAT MUCH because of its color combination? They're paying $120+! Wow. OK granted it comes with an Absolute Strap. But still. Wow.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

It just ended at $336 plus $11 for S/H!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

The seller put right in the listing that s/he paid $275 for the bag, strap and waist straps. So yeah, a bit of a premium there. Maybe TB should make some more of this color.... hint hint.

I've been wondering if historygal was bidding on this. I wanna know who won!

I too was wondering if historygal won! $336 plus S/H! Wow. That'd be cool if she got a N/I Aeronaut to match her N/I Tri-Star. The seller must be pretty thrilled too! I second the hint for more of this color combo though at the regular price please :) On the Future of N/I thread that I think historygal started a few weeks back, I mentioned that after taxes were done I hoped to grab a N/I Tri-Star. Alas, I called one week to the day of that post and they were all gone :(

Dear Ebay,
    Please send me a turquoise/wasabi LCB at a good price.
    Thanks!

"I too was wondering if historygal won! $336 plus S/H! Wow."

Alas, I didn't win. I didn't even bid...although I had the N/I Aeronaunt in my watch list, and was planning on bidding. However, when the bids were in the $300 range and the price was almost $100 over retail before shipping charges, I thought that was pretty crazy. I guess someone else loved it more than I was willing to pay. I did make one last ditch shameless call yesterday afternoon to Tom Bihn to make sure there were no last minute returns on a N/I Aeronaut. I did mention the e-Bay auction, so maybe they will realize it is a popular color combination and bring it back.

In the meantime, if an E-Bay listing or a forum member has a N/I Aeronaut to sell for a more reasonable price, I'm definitely interested!

I am loving the color of the N/I Tri-Star although it hasn't made a madden voyage yet. I will be going to Washington D.C. for work in May, and plan on taking my Tri-Star for the first time. How perfect will that be to use my N/I patriotic bag for the first time in our nation's capital city!!
    Last edited by historygal; 03-22-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Have you noticed that there are never any cafe bags on ebay? Drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Dear Ebay,
    Please send me a turquoise/wasabi LCB at a good price.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    You mean people are willing to spend THAT MUCH because of its color combination? They're paying $120+! Wow. OK granted it comes with an Absolute Strap. But still. Wow.
    I used to collect Tokidoki by Le SportSac bags. Several times I bought bags off of eBay that were way over the original retail price. This one comes to mind.

It was a really big deal to find the "right" print with the "best" characters in prominent view. Which of couse varied from person to person, so one persons "dud" bag was another persons treasure. (I was a Cactus Dog fan...)
    WhiteStar in Colorado

Olive/Cork Imago available!

WhiteStar - I sent you a private message re Olive/Cork Imago available for sale or possible trade. Cheers, sweetwert

Yeah, I'm on that boat about just about anything that's all-Indigo. I miss that color. Navy's nice--it really is--but it's no Indigo. I *never* see anything come up in the Indigo cordura, though. Sniff.

WhiteStar: "I used to collect"—so what happened to your collection?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0