• 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 2 Post By Tzporah
  • 4 Post By Janine
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: Two things I enjoy about TB products

Two things I enjoy about TB products

One, I love how the zippers on the pouches and the Swift open the same direction. It wasn't until I was trying to get into a pouch while still keeping the bag on my shoulder that I realized how nice of a feature this is.

Two, I love how a 4 x 6 photo will just fit in a small pouch. I have a picture of my nephew playing t-ball in the back of one of my pouches, and it never fails to make me smile when I need to get into that pouch. It tucks behind the zipper at the top of the pouch, so I don't have to worry about it getting mixed up with what I store in the pouch, either.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I want to play, two things I like about TB is that the items look nice as a matched set, or as a veritable rainbow of colors and textures. I haven't seen an ugly collection, and when a person has bags from different periods or fabrics, they still go together it's great! I know that what I buy TB now, will still be stylish, functional and match what I buy TB later :)

Secondly I love the durability. Being a mom of littles, my things sometimes don't get treated gently. It's nice to know that my TB bags withstand real living!
    I really, really like TB Bags!

There are many many many things about Tom Bihn Inc that I loooove!

Including that forum when one can cyber jump up and down about a new product unveiling or a new package coming!

But the 2 things I am reeeeeallly after, one, the sooo perfect UV/Steel Dyneema Synapse that I am fighting over with every Purple Lady, Teen, Little Girl and I am beginning to suspect pre-schoolers to get one. :)

And the dream for travel that would be the Co-Pilot in UV/Steel Dyneema, about which Darcy said "Maybe we'll make it, we don't know yet"

It is exactly like the time the ice cream and pastry store run out of cassis (french blueberries) ice cream and pie, the same day!

I was most probably 6 and I still remember!

Note that I have almost everything made in UV least the Packing Cube Backpacks (on the list as well).
    Last edited by backpack; 07-05-2011 at 10:56 PM.
    dorayme likes this.

yes, I am beginning to think I need significantly more UV. It's a good thing, but I'm scared one day I'm going to see a post that it's finished it's run and being discontinued. Maybe my UV list is where I need to focus next so that I can plan out my future orders. I already have more TB than I ever imagined. I can't believe that one day a few years ago I said, "If I could just have a Cork Swift. . ." That desire led me down a path that I have been happy to be on, but seriously, I don't know if it will ever end.

Okay, I'll keep it going.

1. Their customer service. You can always reach them, they will answer even the world's silliest questions with a serious answer and they always go out of their way to make you happy.

2. I've dragged my bags all over (and I'm not gentle) and they still look like the day I bought them.

1. A variety of designs, fabrics, colors, and bag styles so that I can obsess and obsess and obsess some more about which items are right for me.

2. A user community that is just as nuts about bags as I am.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    yes, I am beginning to think I need significantly more UV. It's a good thing, but I'm scared one day I'm going to see a post that it's finished it's run and being discontinued. Maybe my UV list is where I need to focus next so that I can plan out my future orders.

I already have more TB than I ever imagined. I can't believe that one day a few years ago I said, "If I could just have a Cork Swift. . ." That desire led me down a path that I have been happy to be on, but seriously, I don't know if it will ever end.

I feel the same way Dorayme, I get very anxious about the UV running out. That is why my last order was mostly UV.
    I also got one of the last Peony Pink Ultrasuede Cloth!

My first bag was a Brain Bag which I got along with the Cache and Vertical Brain Cell ancestors (Monolith and Soft Cell) to protect my two very heavy laptops during a move.
    In the mist of the terrible stress of the long distance and drawn out move, I was able to appreciate the comfort of the fully loaded Brain Bag.
    It was a feat that didn't go unnoticed. I took a small trip with the Brain Bag but an unwieldy mini purse which prompted me to order my first Large Cafe Bag the minute I returned. My yarn also needed a home so I got a matching Swift.

You have Kidlets and as a busy woman with many roles, you need an assortment of bags to carry all the gear you need, safely and with style.

Stylish, extraordinarily well made Tom Bihn Bags are investments.

I am sure that both of us have seen or experience bag/purse/note taking items failure at the most inconvenient moment.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-06-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    dorayme likes this.

@ backpack, I loved to hear your story, I think our stories are neat as to what brings us to where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    You have Kidlets and as a busy woman with many roles, you need an assortment of bags to carry all the gear you need, safely and with style.

Stylish, extraordinarily well made Tom Bihn Bags are investments.

I am sure that both of us have seen or experience bag/purse/note taking items failure at the most inconvenient moment.

yes (1000) I do need things that can keep up with all of that, and I have had untimely failure, it was probably one of the things that drove me to somewhat obsess over getting more TB. Knowing that other items in the past had let me down and desiring to not have that happen going forward.

I wanted a Punch/Steel SCB, I haven't seen that as an option since I began looking. I noticed last night it's no longer available as a MCB either :( This is what makes me fear for my UV.

@ backpack, I loved to hear your story, I think our stories are neat as to what brings us to where we are.

yes (1000) I do need things that can keep up with all of that, and I have had untimely failure, it was probably one of the things that drove me to somewhat obsess over getting more TB. Knowing that other items in the past had let me down and desiring to not have that happen going forward.

I wanted a Punch/Steel SCB, I haven't seen that as an option since I began looking. I noticed last night it's no longer available as a MCB either :( This is what makes me fear for my UV.
    Dorayme, when Darcy says "we have a few left" you have to place an order almost immediately, because there are plenty of Blog or FB readers who never come on the forum and will snatch them.

That is why I usually make an extensive wish list and order by color.
    I learned that the hard way when I ordered a Steel Brain Bag (more conservative, I was thinking) instead of the limited edition Grape which completely sold out while I was in the mist of packing.
    Once at my destination, I got everything I could get in Grape, including an Aeronaut that has been kept in box to store craft stuff.

As peculiar as it sounds, Tom Bihn Bags and cute Accessories have been a great help in time of stresses, not only moves but also losses and grief.

Of course my needlework and yarn are in my Swifts, they gave me the idea of Tom Bihn Bags as a "no himself zone", hence craft in the Tom Bihn Bags not in use everyday.

The "no himself zone" is only broken when I ask the husband unit to hand me my Tom Bihn Bag to which he inevitably answers, which one? :)

Another reason for the color coding.

PS: The "no himself zone" can be replaced by "no, herself, doggies, rabbits, kitties (good luck with that one), birds (even more good luck with this one because some birds can talk back) zone." :)
    dorayme likes this.

@backpack. hmmmm food for thought, though my finances don't always cooperate with Darcy's announcements :(

@backpack. hmmmm food for thought, though my finances don't always cooperate with Darcy's announcements :(
    Same here and I always limit myself to one small TB order per month, if, for example, something was out of stock in the previous order, I have to wait for the next month to get it and I update the Wish List accordingly for the holidays, birthday and new Spring, Summer or Fall batch.

Tom Bihn new lineups are almost like what they do in Europe for fashion, you know, Spring/Summer and Fall/ Winter collections.

So I always keep that in mind.

Most of my orders have been for small bags and accessories.
    Big bags acquisitions have to be carefully planed.

I only buy color pairs or trios, I am absolutely in love with.
    So when my husband hear me say: "look at the new TB color coming out, it's gorgeous!" He says:"You should get it."

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0