Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Going marsupial! TB Bags that fit inside other TB bags.

  1. #31
    Registered User scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The Small Cafe Bag is pretty much the best joey* out there!
    Hmm, now you've got me wondering if I need a SCB (I nearly got one instead of the MCB)! Though I might hold fire* and see if TB produces a larger SE, nearer the PCSB in size.

    For my upcoming trip, I'm using a small recycled PET shopping bag to marsupial my in-flight necessities in my WF (there's a PCSB in my latest order, but it's not due to arrive until next month). I'm going to try out the double-carabiner trick with it, as I hate it when bags slide under the plane seat and you can't reach them with your seat belt on!


    * Yeah, who am I kidding :)
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

  2. #32
    Registered User eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    So is this like bag inception?
    If you mean inception as a beginning, I most certainly hope so! :p

    Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 16 days to go!!

  3. #33
    Registered User Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    841
    I'd buy a SCB today if I knew I could fit SE and kit in it. Maybe another small thing or two. Anyone know if that's do-able?
    Thanks,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

  4. #34
    Registered User scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    744
    Apparently you can fit the SE vertically into the SCB - I went for the MCB as it fits horizontally.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    235
    Moose, you can fit the SE but it takes up nearly all the room. Could slip a paperback and a small OP or two if not too full. I think I remember pics of the SE in the SCB and the MCB somewhere...can't remember the thread. I will try to get a pic of SE in the SCB in the next day or two. Tomorrow is my son's bday, so busy busy!
    Moose likes this.

  6. #36
    Registered User Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 (+1 Summertime) - Germany, North
    Posts
    684
    Moose, I did a photo yesterday with the SCB and a SE in it. I do not have the Kit though. You might want to look here: Great Bags in beatyfull collors #22

    Hope this helps a bit.
    Moose likes this.

  7. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    396
    I learned this after reading through 2 threads.
    Utilizing the upper part of the Synapse 25 main compartment
    Black Dyneema\Wasabi Synapse 19 New EDC
    Name:  photo(1).JPG
Views: 405
Size:  734.6 KB

    I decided to use 2 double carabiners to connect the 2 horizontal loops at the top to the o-rings at the side of my Side Effect.
    I also used 2 gatekeeper clips to connect the o-rings in the S19 to the loops on my Side Effect to prevent sagging and to distribute load.
    Not sure it's any use though.

    A little thought crossed my mind when doing this though.
    If TB would either:
    A) Add a couple of vertical loops to the inside of the S19, positioned where the o-rings inside the S19 are,
    or
    B) Add a couple of horizontal loops to the back of the Side Effect, spaced the same distance apart as the horizontal loops inside the S19,
    then all that would be needed would be a pair of gatekeeper clips and the Side Effect could be elegantly integrated inside the S19, much like how the Smart Alec Modular pockets are attached.

    Loops could be added to any of the 3D Organizer Cubes, and inside of any suitable bag to make this work.
    The infrastructure for this already exists in the GateKeeper Rail system, just have to expand it further for use with more TB gear.

  8. #38
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I learned this after reading through 2 threads.
    Utilizing the upper part of the Synapse 25 main compartment
    Black Dyneema\Wasabi Synapse 19 New EDC
    Name:  photo(1).JPG
Views: 405
Size:  734.6 KB

    I decided to use 2 double carabiners to connect the 2 horizontal loops at the top to the o-rings at the side of my Side Effect.
    I also used 2 gatekeeper clips to connect the o-rings in the S19 to the loops on my Side Effect to prevent sagging and to distribute load.
    Not sure it's any use though.

    A little thought crossed my mind when doing this though.
    If TB would either:
    A) Add a couple of vertical loops to the inside of the S19, positioned where the o-rings inside the S19 are,
    or
    B) Add a couple of horizontal loops to the back of the Side Effect, spaced the same distance apart as the horizontal loops inside the S19,
    then all that would be needed would be a pair of gatekeeper clips and the Side Effect could be elegantly integrated inside the S19, much like how the Smart Alec Modular pockets are attached.

    Loops could be added to any of the 3D Organizer Cubes, and inside of any suitable bag to make this work.
    The infrastructure for this already exists in the GateKeeper Rail system, just have to expand it further for use with more TB gear.
    There's another way you can distribute the load of the attached pouch or side Effect a little better through the loops, and that's by passing a handle loop through the two webbing loops at the top, then securing the pouch to the loop with either a Double Carabiner Clip or a Mini-Carabiner. You can either use handle loops with snaphook ends or with o-Rings, depending on how you want to do the attachment and how much distance you have between the o-rings on the Pouch and the secure points.

    Here's an example picture with a 3D Organizer pouch that I took a few weeks ago:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399474843.662945.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  222.8 KB

    I actually like to use Double Carabiners, but this shows a way to do it with a mini Biner (of the sort also shown inside the Indigo 3D Clear Organizer Cube, along with the Double Carabiner)

    The handle loops can be threaded through the webbing loops of other bags, too, like the Pilot (which I experimented with back in February -- a good way to secure an old Breve for iPad, so it can easily either be swung out to access contents or unclipped and removed from that bag).

    Using the handle loop distributes the weight a bit better, and lets you clip in punches of different length and still reach the o-Rings without pulling too much on the connection. There are also some cases where you can use the slider on the wrist strap to make adjustments.

    I don't have a picture easily to hand with the Side Effect mounted this way in my Synapse 25, since that's the easier spacing to accommodate with the handle loop arrangement. You get some additional flexibility in connection distance with the Double Carabiners by the ability to swivel the top and bottom loops, which is one of the reasons that I like them as general purpose connectors.

    HTH. moriond

  9. #39
    Registered User Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    841
    I do something similar in my S25. I use a 3D Cube and a short key strap. Works like a charm. I will be trying g it with a clear 3D Organizer Cube. It's a great idea. Thanks moriond.
    Moose
    eWalker likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    There's another way you can distribute the load of the attached pouch or side Effect a little better through the loops, and that's by passing a handle loop through the two webbing loops at the top, then securing the pouch to the loop with either a Double Carabiner Clip or a Mini-Carabiner. You can either use handle loops with snaphook ends or with o-Rings, depending on how you want to do the attachment and how much distance you have between the o-rings on the Pouch and the secure points.

    Here's an example picture with a 3D Organizer pouch that I took a few weeks ago:


    I actually like to use Double Carabiners, but this shows a way to do it with a mini Biner (of the sort also shown inside the Indigo 3D Clear Organizer Cube, along with the Double Carabiner)

    The handle loops can be threaded through the webbing loops of other bags, too, like the Pilot (which I experimented with back in February -- a good way to secure an old Breve for iPad, so it can easily either be swung out to access contents or unclipped and removed from that bag).

    Using the handle loop distributes the weight a bit better, and lets you clip in punches of different length and still reach the o-Rings without pulling too much on the connection. There are also some cases where you can use the slider on the wrist strap to make adjustments.

    I don't have a picture easily to hand with the Side Effect mounted this way in my Synapse 25, since that's the easier spacing to accommodate with the handle loop arrangement. You get some additional flexibility in connection distance with the Double Carabiners by the ability to swivel the top and bottom loops, which is one of the reasons that I like them as general purpose connectors.

    HTH. moriond
    That's brilliant! Thank you, moriond!
    I'll try it as soon as I get hold of a handle loop.

    Will also try Moose's variation, but I think it would need a little more work on my end, the short key strap's shorter than the handle loop while the Side Effect's slightly longer than a 3D Cube, isn't it?

  11. #41
    Registered User Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    841
    Yes the SE is a bit bigger. I tried the SE with a longer key strap and the sbiners. The SE was a fit to heavy to suit me. I was using a cordura and ballistic SE. A dyneema one might fit the bill though.
    Last edited by Moose; 05-07-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

  12. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57
    This isn't a TB bag in another TB bag but today I was changing up my luggage patterns for work travel and I found that the Aeronaut PCBP fits perfectly in a carry on Rimowa (I think it's the Salsa Deluxe carry on).

    Name:  IMG_0709.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  1,009.9 KB
    Moose and eWalker like this.

  13. #43
    Registered User Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I do something similar in my S25. I use a 3D Cube and a short key strap. Works like a charm. I will be trying g it with a clear 3D Organizer Cube. It's a great idea. Thanks moriond.
    Moose
    I'd like to report success. The clear Organizer Cube is a bit wider than the dyneema one. I left the short key strap in place and put a swivel s-biners on each end. That was just enough extra length to have the clear organizer fit perfectly. I really like having sn extra pocket, one I can see into is even better.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

  14. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2
    The Snake Charmer fits inside the bottom compartment of the S25 perfectly. It is perfect for that, in fact.
    eWalker likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0