Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Michael F
    Originally posted by hyphenate
    Jeez, Mike, I guess I'll have to rent the Saddest Music in the World to find out if that's a good or bad thing.

Don't worry about the pre-caffeinated state. I was in the same place (Put a few cups in me, however, and it seems I'm soon unleashing myself on unsuspecting forums.)

At any rate, you helped more than you think. I'm just one of those people who likes to feel certain. I'm sure I'll be making my purchase soon (have to protect the hell out of this new PowerBook I bought) and I'm sure I'll be making that destined purchase over the phone. Do you guys get commission? I'd like it to go to you if so. Just don't call me "mr" hyphenate when it happens. Hyph or hyphee will do.
    hahaha. agreed.

commission? did the pope ask for a commission for saving souls? does dick cheney get a commission for steering defense contracts to halliburton? nah, no commission and none needed. but if i sell 1,000 bags this month i will get a little sales star to stick on my barcoded TB employee identification badge and THAT my friend is worth all of the gold in fort knox!

all i meant by the movie reference was that reading the intelligent posts in this thread elevated my thinking a bit. i have a bad habit of making intentionally obtuse statements on message boards. i am a bad man.

take your time making your decision, hyphenate. i think your idea of starting off with a brain cell is a good one. and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to call us again.
    Last edited by Michael F; 04-13-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Actually, the Pope got a company car.

Ken
    Intelligent posts in this thread, elevated thinking? Hey, careful with them words buddy, I just might resemble that remark!

There is no way that Tom pays commission, let alone stars for ID badges - how else could he afford to have Sunga driven around in the style that she is accustomed to? :0

So is Tom tragically hip enough to offer the iBag, exclusively in white? Let's hope not!!! Nonetheless, a little change will do you good, and perhaps Tom will name a new bag color in your honor for suggesting a shake-up to the Empire? Personally I have been trying to shake up the Empire for quite some time, but with little success.

Good luck!

Shaking up the Empire

New color combinations would be cool (too bad I already purchased two EBs).

And fixing the back pocket would be even cooler (might be enough to make me buy two more).
    Jim Hall
    Check out the dogs in need at http://www.saveoursetters.org
    Check out my blog at http://jehingr.wordpress.com/
    Check out our videos at www.marqueewrestling.com
    My TB bags: 2 - Empire Builder 1 - Checkpoint Flyer

Michael F
    Originally posted by hyphenate
    Actually, the Pope got a company car.
    okay, you owe me a new shirt for the one i spit coffee all over when i read this post!

Michael F

Re: Shaking up the Empire

Originally posted by jehingr
    And fixing the back pocket would be even cooler (might be enough to make me buy two more).
    what the huh? what would you like to see change about the back pocket, jehingr?

Originally posted by Michael F
    okay, you owe me a new shirt for the one i spit coffee all over when i read this post!
    Hope you didn't ruin your Tom Bihn pieces o' flair.
    Last edited by hyphenate; 04-13-2005 at 05:42 PM.

Michael F
    thankfully, no. but i did have to reprint the TPS report i was proofreading at the time.

Damn. Wish I could have seen that.

As far as shirts go, you wouldn't want one from down here. I live in New Orleans -- all of our casual wear bears a screen-printed reference to drinking.

Fixing the back pocket

Michael,

Over in the thread about the first impressions of the EB, I had quite a long post.

The only real issues I have with the EB are the backpocket.

I'd like to see:

A zippered slot in the bottom of the pocket so that it slides over the handle of my rolling luggage for easier travel.

A slit/pouch on the outside of the back pocket to slide an umbarella into.

I'd also really like to see a "stealth" water bottle pocket - so that when I'm not being corporate I can carry a cold tasty beverage - and when I am being corporate it doesn't look like I have a water bottle pocket.

Thanks

OBTW - didn't you get the memo on the TPS reports? I'll have them send you a copy.
    Jim Hall
    Check out the dogs in need at http://www.saveoursetters.org
    Check out my blog at http://jehingr.wordpress.com/
    Check out our videos at www.marqueewrestling.com
    My TB bags: 2 - Empire Builder 1 - Checkpoint Flyer

Michael F
    hahaha. personally, i could roll with this OFFICE SPACE thing indefinitely.

your suggestions are interesting, jehingr. i'll have to check out the other thread and ask tom if he's seen the recent EB posts.

Tell him Gomer says hey. By the way, I'm doing my taxes as we type. Does Tom offer anything in a nice brown paper number?

Re: Fixing the back pocket

Originally posted by jehingr
    I'd also really like to see a "stealth" water bottle pocket - so that when I'm not being corporate I can carry a cold tasty beverage.
    Yeah, thirst is pretty unprofessional. Leave rehydration to the common folk, I say.

Michael F
    TB NEWS FLASH:
    it looks like the rebel alliance is making some headway on this issue. the EMPIRE BUILDER will be going back into production again in about a month or so, and tom has just decided that we will begin offering the EB with the following flap colors: kiwi, grape, and crimson. lining color is still TBD. stay tuned for further developments...

I have, until this very moment, never felt more alive.

Thanks, Michael. Thanks, Tom. Looks like I'll be wringing hands and licking lips in anticipation (My own, of course.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0