So what's the deal with a dedicated Kindle bag?

I am about to pull the trigger on a Kindle 3 and saw reference to the note regarding bags specific for the Kindle to debut late this year. As it is now "late this year", what timing/options can we expect? If Tom is bringing such a product to market soon I might wait and hold off purchasing a different carrying case until his is available.

Thanks,

Howie

Piece of advice: don't wait. You will kick yourself when you see how much you enjoy your reader.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhowie View Post
    If Tom is bringing such a product to market soon I might wait and hold off purchasing a different carrying case until his is available.
    Not anytime soon -- sorry! Tom's design list is so long right now that I don't have any idea when we'd see a dedicated Kindle bag. The Ristretto for iPad, while not a perfect fit for the Kindle 3, does fit it pretty well.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

MaggieScratch- scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Thanks for the push. :-)

Darcy- that is unfortunate. In the interim I am going to use a Medium Padded Organizer Pouch from an earlier order and transfer its contents to a Medium Clear Organizer Pouch which wasn't seeing much action. -- And...regarding your suggestion...the Ristretto for iPad is nearly the price of a Kindle!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's unlikely a bag for the Kindle similar to the Ristretto for iPad would be much or any less expensive than that bag.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Then I would recommend tabling the idea (sounds as if it already has been). The Kindle is sold for a fraction of the iPad's price-- different pricing dynamics in play.

Quote Originally Posted by mhowie View Post
    Then I would recommend tabling the idea (sounds as if it already has been). The Kindle is sold for a fraction of the iPad's price-- different pricing dynamics in play.
    I have to say I agree with this sentiment. The Kindle travels pretty well in most any bag and really does not require a dedicated sack. A cache for the Kindle would be a nice, cost effective way to offer protection for the device. (Of course one could simply use a cache for ipad or netbook for the Kindle - they would work but the fit would likely not be optimal for the latest version of the device.)

Thumbs up Small Cafe Bag

I purchased the small cafe bag for my wife to carry her Kindle(enclosed in the Amazon leather cover). Fits with a little extra room for other things, such as charger and light.
    In my opinion, the perfect Kindle bag.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Volunteer Moderator
    Don't forget about the TB Sleeves for Amazon Kindle 2, which the Kindle 3s should find equally comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Don't forget about the TB Sleeves for Amazon Kindle 2, which the Kindle 3s should find equally comfortable.
    Yes..."TB Sleeves for Amazon Kindle 2" = "Medium Padded Organizer Pouch". That is the solution I am currently going with.

Thanks,

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0