Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New bag buckles?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Darcy, what do I need to do to get a replacement buckle for a medium cafe bag? My wife has used it for over a year as a purse and the half that is sewn in as replaceable broke last month (one of the prongs)? I can tell you that buckle opens and closes at least 20 times every day.
    Email us: customerservice@tombihn.com and we'll send you a new one right away. We want to make sure that Cafe bag gets back to work ASAP.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by shenkin View Post
    A few comments. They are the industry standard, but Tom Bihn bags are not industry-standard bags. They are much better and last a lot longer.
    Point taken. We're coming up with some alternatives. Do let us know how the new buckle set works for you.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The buckles we use are the highest quality buckles available - they're pretty much the industry standard. We do get requests for replacement buckles, but it's fairly rare. The buckles are more prone to breaking if they're subjected to extreme temperatures or temperature changes.

I don't think customers in general need to worry about their buckles breaking. And, if their buckles do break, we send replacements at no charge.

Tom's always ordering samples of new buckles, but we do really like the look, functionality, durability, light weight, ease of use, and relative silence of the Duraflex Warrior buckles we use now, and we don't have plans to change them.
    I looove the Duraflex Warrior buckles in all my Tom Bihn Bags, they are soft to the touch, close nicely, are lightweight, they blend perfectly with the bag's looks and are quiet.

Please don't change them.

My mother got a scratch on her small cafe bag buckle last year in Spain. This is the upper one. Is it possible to replace this?

Quote Originally Posted by jostber View Post
    My mother got a scratch on her small cafe bag buckle last year in Spain. This is the upper one. Is it possible to replace this?
    Yes, though you'll need to send the bag back to us so we can make that repair. Email us! customerservice@tombihn.com :)

And here I thought the scratches on the buckles were just souvenirs of years spent commuting on DC's Metro (leaning against the concrete benches and barriers while waiting for trains to ever arrive). I don't mind all the scratches on mine! They've held up to a lot of abuse (not from me, from the rest of the world).
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0