Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Carry-On Traveller's bag

Hi Darcy

Can you please us a head's up when the aeronaut is available. I am very interested.

J

I have to vote for Cocoa too!

please, please, please - make a version for international travel. I know this has been posted by myself and others, but I don't want the point to be missed amidst talk of colors.

If you can't do a 3 country/1 week business trip with this bag to Europe or Asia, this really wont meet the need of international travellers that need to check the bag once arriving on another continent...

I flew Air France last month, and I must say that I was surprised how small the Airbus storage bins are. My wife's wheeled bag barely fit...and its a bit smaller than most.

leftistelf, why do you think that this bag is too big to be a permissable carry-on for international travel? All airlines have slightly different standards, but a bag with total dimensions of 45" conforms to the general standard for European and Asian airlines. I've found that most European/Asian airlines are more concerned with weight. One of our completely size-appropriate bags had to be checked on a AirFrance flight last year because it was 1k over the 12k maximum!

S'il vous plaît commencer à expédier

Tom, s'il vous plaît commencer à expédier ce sac. Je ne peux pas prendre la prévision!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    More details and pictures soon...

I think the Aeronaut will be available for pre-order within the next few weeks.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    More details and pictures soon...

I think the Aeronaut will be available for pre-order within the next few weeks.
    Darcy!!! It's been three weeks. I'm possessed with anticipation for this bag. You guys are killin' me. News? Photos? Details?

It's our new marketing plan! Make people go crazy waiting...just kidding!!

We're working on pictures right now. Here are the first pictures I took of the bag. I don't think they are very good, so we're going to take new pictures. But they are something to look at!

As for the bag itself, the design is pretty much completed and it is already on our production schedule.

eWalker likes this.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy, the new marketing plan is working!!!! :)

In what color will the Aeronaute be available?

What do you suggest as an alternative to the monolith to carry two laptops in the brain bag?
    Last edited by backpack; 02-18-2006 at 12:38 PM.

Colors

moriond has it right -- the Aeronaut will be made out of Ballistic, which we have in colors: Steel, Crimson, Black, Kiwi, Sage, and Grape.

I think we are planning to make a few in Sage.
    See the quote for available colors.

Color update: The Aeronaut will be available in Steel, Crimson, Black, Kiwi, Sage, and Hunter Green (only one in Hunter Green -- we're testing this color to see if we like it). No Grape -- sorry!

backpack -- I think using two Monoliths inside the Brain Bag, in each compartment, would be the best solution if you need to carry two laptops. Is there a reason why this doesn't work for you?
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-22-2006 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks for the pictures! Sooo, when do we get to order? 'Cause I need two.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)

Colors and ordering

We are actually making only ONE in Hunter Green, just to see if we like it. If any forum reader simply must have that color, contact Darcy to reserve it for you.
    Darcy and I hope to have it up on the website for pre-ordering in the next few days; the design glitch with the new 4X Brain Cell has bumped production back maybe a week.
    I use one of the earlier prototypes on my weekly trips to Seattle, basically living out of it for a few days at a time: I LOVE THIS BAG and I hope when you get one you'll agree it was worth the wait. Sorry for the delays!

backpack -- I think using two Monoliths inside the Brain Bag, in each compartment, would be the best solution if you need to carry two laptops. Is there a reason why this doesn't work for you?
    I think I'm going to have the same problem, I get two carryons for the plane, but I can't wear a brain bag and the aeronaut on my back at the same time. I'm going to need an over the shoulder solution for my laptops

Quote Originally Posted by topperge
    I think I'm going to have the same problem, I get two carryons for the plane, but I can't wear a brain bag and the aeronaut on my back at the same time. I'm going to need an over the shoulder solution for my laptops
    The Aeronaut has a super-comfortable handle, and it also has attachments for a shoulder strap (I'd recommend using the Absolute Shoulder Strap.) You can definitely use it as an over-the-shoulder bag.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0