Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Super Ego: Any news on the new messenger bag?

I would love to see:

- closer shots of the front straight on with the three colors (steel, black, crimson) in order to better see the detail
    - interior shots with attention on the pocket details in the various interior colors

Questions:
    - Do the color combinations in the pulldown menu represent the complete list?
    - Does the lining material line both the main compartment and the pocket under the flap?

Thanks so much,
    Jerry

Super Ego shots

I agree -- we need interior pictures. Also, maybe a picture of the bag stuffed with stuff. top open?

Not to be a pest, but as March approaches, I would love to have a better idea of what I am pre-ordering with some cool shots of the interior and color combinations.

Are we going to be treated to some nice additional shots of the SuperEgo?

Thanks!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I will be posting new pictures of the Super Ego on Friday.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Just a check to see if the pictures had been posted. I didn't see them, but I may not have looked in all the right places...

Looking forward to the pics and the bag! I'll be placing my order as soon as I have a better idea of the insides and color combos!

Thanks,
    Jerry

I'm working on them now. Sorry for the wait.

There are new pictures of the Empire Builder, though! See here:
    http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/TBP/TB0730
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

How about a reflective tape stripe? That would be a nice touch for bike commuters. I also like that little plastic bike light loop on the bottom of the ID's strap. Does the Super Ego have one?

On another topic, most shoulder bags wear my back out by placing an asymmetric load on my shoulders. How well does the Super Ego's waist strap work for distributing the load onto your hips? The ID seems to do this quite well with light loads, but it's just not big enough for me. Could the Super Ego comfortably carry a laptop and a textbook without placing much of the weight on my shoulder?

Super Ego

Am I correctly concluding from the Super Ego description on the site that there is no zipper pocket on the outside of the flap itself (a la ID Bag)?

I would love to have a little pocket there, as I use the one on my ID Bag all the time.

But, in the end, no matter: My wife has already ordered me a Super Ego for my birthday. She's keeping me in the dark about the colors.

And it's now early April: What's the shipment schedule look like?

Michael F
    it's correct that there are no zippered pockets on the SUPER EGO flap itself, BUT there are uretek zippered pockets on either side of the bag that are directly underneath the flap which are easily accessable without unbuckling the flap.

as for availability, we received some bags from the factory last friday and shipped the bulk of the backorders. we'll be shipping the remaining backorders today and tomorrow, and should have bags available for everyone else no later than this wednesday (4/13). keep an eye on the web site!

we're very anxious to hear what people have to say about the new bag, so by all means please post your thoughts when you receive your SUPER EGO!

Customer comments on the Super Ego

jamesinslc
    How about a reflective tape stripe? That would be a nice touch for bike commuters. I also like that little plastic bike light loop on the bottom of the ID's strap. Does the Super Ego have one?
    A reflective tape strip is in the works. You should see one within a month.

The bike light you mentioned is an optional light that can be purchased separately with the ID or the Super Ego. On the Super Ego, it will attach to the front strip loops.
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-11-2005 at 05:35 PM.

Doh! I just saw the seatbelt buckle. That wasn't an option when I bought mine! And it already shipped. :-( Oh well. Can't wait to get my Super Ego on Friday!

Originally posted by Michael F
    it's correct that there are no zippered pockets on the SUPER EGO flap itself, BUT there are uretek zippered pockets on either side of the bag that are directly underneath the flap which are easily accessable without unbuckling the flap.

as for availability, we received some bags from the factory last friday and shipped the bulk of the backorders. we'll be shipping the remaining backorders today and tomorrow, and should have bags available for everyone else no later than this wednesday (4/13). keep an eye on the web site!

we're very anxious to hear what people have to say about the new bag, so by all means please post your thoughts when you receive your SUPER EGO!
    Woo-hoo! I see the status has changed to "in stock" on the product info page. That means my wife either (i) has my birthday present in hand, or (ii) will have it soon.

She won't tell me, and she won't give it to me before April 17th, which sucks. She also refuses to confirm or deny that it is, in fact, a Super Ego that she is giving me, but given our lengthy discussion of color choices, I suspect it is. So I'm planning what to put in each pocket.

Besides, even if it isn't, that will just give me an excuse to buy a Super Ego in addition to whatever else she gets me.

Mine came in today. Very slick! I'm using it with a Dell i9300 17". I did a longish commentary with pictures over at notebookforums:
    http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=75902

_Very_ happy customer. Worth the wait.

The only surpising thing was that the SuperEgo doesn't have an option to replace the strap (while the BrainCell's do...). With a bag of this size, and the weight to be expected with the 17" laptops it can carry, some folks may want to opt for different straps.

But that's the only questionmark I've got. This is one heck of a bag for a good price.

I'd really like to see the Kiwi and Grape color combinations. Kiwi isn't on the color chart even. It also looked like Sapphire was missing from the 2XL brain cell (it's available in that color on the brain cell page, but not in the drop-down for the super ego).

I'm thinking of the black/kiwi/deep blue, with a sapphire 2XL...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0