Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    The new messenger-style bag is slowly but surely coming along. I could tell you how cool the prototype looks, but I want it to be a surprise.
    A separate compartment for gym clothes seems too specialized for this bag, but I do have ideas about the ultimate school AND gym bag.
    Question:would a gym clothes compartment need to exist always, or could it be some sort of ballooning apendage that tucked away when not needed? Just a thought.
    The problem of course becomes this: we can make a bag as big as you want, but who's going to carry it after you fill it?
    Last edited by Tom Bihn; 03-04-2004 at 03:11 PM.

Post Ideas RE Gym STuff

Okay, here's my take on this.

I need a decent-looking, messenger-style bag for my office stuff, with a separate bottom compartment for the gym stuff. An accordian-style foldout bottom (secured with snaptabs when not in use) would be ideal. That way, on "gym days" I can cram in my sneakers, a change of top, sox, and undies, and my Ditty Kit of deoderant, comb, and hair wax.

Heck, make the whole THING detachable so I can have it packed and ready to go. Zip-on? Strap-securable? Or just the accordian idea works for me also.

The goal for me here is to use only ONE bag during most weekdays--otherwise, I start leaving stuff at home by mistake as stuff gets lost in the "bag shuffle." The number of times I've left stuff at home because I had to switch from my Big Easy Bag (for the Gym on Gym Days) to my Timbuk2 Bag (Laptop Bag, which does NOT have enough room for both Gym and Computer Stuff) are too many to number.

Again, I want to be able to fit my laptop AND my sneakers in the same darn bag!

I like the idea of a thick, padded strap, also--one that's adjustable to some degree.

What say you all? :D

Hi.

I'm a little late to the conversation. Sorry.

I'd personally like to see a version of the ID messenger bag to be used with a Mitre that would fit the most laptops. I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 that is currently carried in my Brain Bag w/ Brain Cell--which I _love_. Except, the Mitre would open on the long side so I could leave it in the ID and still pull out my laptop.

But sometimes I'd like to just have a messenger-style bag for those easy days when I don't need to carry four or five reference books, spare parts, and lunch.

Just wishful thinking.

bill

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Large Messenger Bag being designed...

Originally posted by Darcy
    Tom is currently designing a large messenger bag to fit larger laptops and the 17" Powerbook.

He's practically invented a great new feature on the shoulder strap that will allow you to carry a cell phone, MP3 player/iPod, Walkman, small camera, and any other small electronic.

Anyway, we're always open to suggestions - any features in particular you guys would like to see on this bag?

What about a zipper top without a traditional messenger bag flap? Or, if there is a flap, two buckles or one?

And: have any suggestions on what we should call it?
    Hi Darcy,

I like the idea of being able to carry small devices on the shoulder strap. Is this something like the one present on the Buzz? Also, will this feature see its way to the current ID Messenger bag and Smart Alec?

The zipper top would make the bag more like the Empire Builder? If you do have a flap, two buckles would be a good idea for the large size of the bag.

Also, specially since this is a larger design, can you think of a way to design resizable interior compartments (for your PDA, cell phone, business cards, etc)? Rather than stitching the separations between pockets, to somehow have the separations be user configurable? I don't know how you would engineer this, but it would be wonderful since everyone carries different items of different sizes. This idea could be applied across your product line, not just on this bag.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Maverick

Re: Re: Large Messenger Bag being designed...

Originally posted by maverick
    Hi Darcy,

Also, specially since this is a larger design, can you think of a way to design resizable interior compartments (for your PDA, cell phone, business cards, etc)? Rather than stitching the separations between pockets, to somehow have the separations be user configurable? I don't know how you would engineer this, but it would be wonderful since everyone carries different items of different sizes. This idea could be applied across your product line, not just on this bag.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Maverick
    Hey, I have an idea for Maverick's problem...I thought of this last night after seeing a commercial for that new "self-seal-custom-baggie" Saran Wrap:

Why not make--down the center of the bag--two "lips" of PURE VELCRO, with binding and a few pull tabs at the top?

That way, you could "pull apart" the high-quality Velcro...arrange your Tiny Things (cell phone batteries, RFID tokens for work, PDA, etc), and simply "press and seal" to make little custom pockets for everything! When you need to get to something, just pull the Velcro apart at the top!

I betcha it would work wonderfully!

What do you say? Darcy? Tom?

notoriousp
    may I ask what the status is of this bag? I want something different from the Trager you offer (metal clasps, bigger zips, longer strap, more room for 15" Dell...)

Thanks

velcro

Velcro is great but it starts to collect all kinds of threads and fibers that are extremely difficult to dislodge. This doesn't effect performance but it looks shabby like seeing tin cans on a river bank.
    Maybe a simple row of small d-clips which different sized bags with grommets can be clipped to would answer?
    Having too many possibilities for marsupial inserts might diminish the intregrity of the bag making it end up like one of those all-in-one electronic wonders where you can mend socks while watching tv.

Maybe the trick is to envision many uses and make those possible but not necessary.
    Last edited by xenicon; 06-23-2004 at 11:57 AM.

CEO
    Velcro is my enemy - in the winter I wear wool gloves, and wool and Velcro get along entirely too well. We'll continue to tweak with the Ego/Super Ego bags and as they near completion, we'll post some snap-shots.
    BTW, we are behind on this project because I've been spending all my time in the factory trying to get product out, but have faith - it will happen soon!

ego/superego

Great news... that production is starting on the messenger bag. Good name, too.

Ego/SuperEgo

I'm really excited to hear/see more about this.

I've just bought a 15" G4 powerbook (after having used a Fujitsu Lifebook P2110 for a few years) and will have to buy a larger bag to accomodate!

I'd like something that doesn't look like every generic briefcase/backpackesque jobbie on the market, and I've been convinced by reviews and nudges from friends that TB is the place to find what I'm looking for.

I wish you made the Buzz a little bit bigger, but I'll hold out hope that the new addition will be just the thing I'm looking for.

Brain Cell or Monolith?

Will this new bag be designed to accomodate a Brain Cell or a Monolith?

Would it be sized appropriately for a 15" Powerbook, or will it be better suited to larger sizes?

I need a big Ego :D When can we expect it?

i wil buy a Super Ego site unseen

ill take a Super Ego with a size 2 brain cell, pick me some cool colors and lets go! ;)

seriously, i need a bag within a month, what are the chances? my current bag has holes and the strap is almost broken. id hate to get something else, because everything else pales in comparison to your bags!

keep up the great work!

tony

CEO
    sp0rk0,

The Ego and Super Ego will fit a Brain Cell, not a Monolith. Both would work great for a 15" Powerbook.

aapotts,

Sorry, but no chance the bag will be ready within a month. We are hoping for production to start early next year.

Thanks for your interest and continued patience.

you really know how to hurt a guy...

got any loander bags i can rent until the Super Ego is available!? ;)

keep up the great work!

tony

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0