Tote and Freudian Slip

Right now I'm using a horizontal Freudian Slip in a Timbukt2 messenger bag and also hope to use it in my (on-order) Western Flyer when I'm not carrying a computer bag. There are times I have my computer bag with me but just want to carry the Freudian slip and some organizer pouches, and when I have the WF I'll want to leave the WF in the hotel, but take the Freudian slip with me.

Currently I'm using a tote bag that was swag from a conference. The Freudian slip fits in nicely and the tote bag can be folded very flat and stowed in luggage. But the tote is a single compartment and there are no O-rings to help organize things (amazing how quickly I've come to appreciate the beauty of that system!). I've looked at the shopping bag and the utility tote and it seems that a Freudian Slip is longer than the height of the bags.

So does anyone have any suggestions for a currently available solution? Or could Tom be persuaded to think about a tote-like bag that could be folded up for packing, accommodate a Freudian slip, have organizer help, and look "business-like"?
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Lightbulb Maybe Swift

I have a Swift that I use as a tote bag. It has the o rings plus two clear zippered pouches.

The horizontal Freudian sticks out about 1/2 inch from top, but has to be in the vertical position.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Can the swift be folded compactly (to pack it in another bag)?
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post
    Can the swift be folded compactly (to pack it in another bag)?
    Yes.

In addition, I have used a long velcro strap when I can't close the top with the strap on the bag. This velcro strap I got at either Home Depot or Leows.
    It has the fuzz part of the velcro along the full length and the attachment part at a portion of the top. It loops through an clip much like the strap attachment on the TB messenger bags.

Plus, I have attached the Absolute Strap to the eyelets on the corners as a shoulder strap. I've carried a couple of wine bottles and other stuff without any problems. I'm not sure how much of a heavier load the eyelets would support.

An update. Thanks to the advice by BPritchard and some other posts I found on the forums I went ahead and ordered a Swift (Plum and Black), which came today. It's amazingly roomy and also folds nicely. The Freudian Slip sticks out, but that should be OK. It should be a great bag for carrying everything I need when I don't need one of my computer bags (also got a few pouches to help switch between bags). And I plan on sticking my Side Effect inside to consolidate bags when going through TSA. First outing will be next week!

Thumbs up In addition

You can also carry a netbook or ipad in a cache. Or a small enough brain cell.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0