g79

size 3 monolith?

I own a Thinkpad T42 15" whose dimensions are:

13"x10.6"x1.2" or 330x270x30mm

I tend to carry my laptop inside my (cheap) backpack. I'm considering the purchase of the monolith sleeve but the size 2 version of that sleeve seems pretty big to me (size 4 is too small, being 13.7"x10"x1.25" or 348x240x32mm):

14.125"x11.5"x2.25" or 360x292x58mm (size 2)

Any chance to see a "size 3" version of the monolith in the foreseeable future?

Otherwise I could buy the size 3 brain cell (13"x10.75"x2.5" or 330x273x64mm), but I suspect the suspesion mechanism will not effectively protect my laptop when the brain cell is vertically placed inside my backpack (which defeats the whole point of buying one of your sleeves....)

Thanks in advance
    g79

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're thinking about it. I'll let you know within a few days if it's certain.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

g79
    any news, Darcy?

Yes!

We will be making both a Size 5 and Size 3 Monolith. Expect to see these within a couple months.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

g79
    Darcy, can I expect to see the size 3 version of the monolith bag available for purchase within a couple of weeks or so?

regards

Not quite yet, but very soon. The patterns are being finalized.

g79
    Ok, thanks.

So could tell me what the dimensions of the size 3 version will be?

The point is that the size 4 (which is available right now) could fit my thinkpad, though a bit too tightly. If the size 3 s going to be significantly bigger than the size 4 I think I could go for the 4 version anyway.

thanks in advance

g79
    Darcy,

how soon is "very soon"? ;-)

g79

Originally posted by g79
    Darcy,

how soon is "very soon"? ;-)

g79
    Two months. It seems like a long time but that's actually really good!

was a size 3 monolith ever made?

i have a laptop with dimensions 12.5 x 11 x 1 and a backpack with a width of 11.5. the size 1 is too tall for the backpack, the size 2 too wide for the backpack, and the size 4 and 5 too narrow for the laptop. hence my interest in a size 3!!

nick

Nick,

There is no Size 3 Monolith yet, but we still plan on making one. I'd keep an eye out for it early next year.