What I really, really want

is an Ultrasuede Large Cafe Bag.

When I carry a backpack, the Cordura is okay—it's on my back. But for light-carry excursions, it's the cafe bag: to the market with a shop bag tucked inside, to meet a friend for coffee, to an exercise class.

The problem is, I'm constantly feeling the Cordura, and it doesn't feel good.

Please, please, offer it in Ultrasuede. (In black—but this is so important to me, I'd even buy it in brown. That's how much it matters.)

Please make this little haptic person happy.

Thank you for your attention.

—Little Haptic Person

Wasn't there talk of a cafe bag in ultrasuede some time back? And maybe I was dreaming it, but I have this nagging sense that I actually saw a prototype.

So, let me second this--I would *love* an ultrasuede cafe bag. Or two. Or three.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Yeah, I remember. It's frustrating because it doesn't call for a new design, just an additional fabric.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    is an Ultrasuede Large Cafe Bag.

When I carry a backpack, the Cordura is okay—it's on my back. But for light-carry excursions, it's the cafe bag: to the market with a shop bag tucked inside, to meet a friend for coffee, to an exercise class.

The problem is, I'm constantly feeling the Cordura, and it doesn't feel good.

Please, please, offer it in Ultrasuede. (In black—but this is so important to me, I'd even buy it in brown. That's how much it matters.)

Please make this little haptic person happy.

Thank you for your attention.

—Little Haptic Person
    Dear Haptic Person,

Have you cleared this new fabric selection with your cat? And even if the surface is less likely to pick up cat hair than Cordura, maybe your cat will decide that it also prefers the Ultrasuede? Have you field-tested your Ultrasuede pouches with your cat?
    Following a suggestion on another thread, I broke down and bought a lint roller. Even so, I find myself sitting in a coffee shop picking off cat hairs; they transfer from my clothes and cling to the rough Cordura. Black bags, white cat.

As Darcy said, this is not a problem with Dyneema and ballistic nylon. I wish the Cafe bags and Synapse had been offered in ballistic.

She also said: "Or maybe the attraction of pet hair to the Cordura fades over time?" Okay, I'll give it more time. I'm not sending back the cat.
    Just a reminder from another thread.

moriond

The bags still pick up cat hair, but the lint roller works great. I haven't discussed Ultrasuede with him. I'm still working on getting him into the Large Shop Bag ("It's a game, kitty—Cat in Bag!").

The bags still pick up cat hair, but the lint roller works great. I haven't discussed Ultrasuede with him. I'm still working on getting him into the Large Shop Bag ("It's a game, kitty—Cat in Bag!").
    I wouldn't do that I were you! ;)

If he decides that the Shop Bag is a great place to be, you might never be able to use your Shop Bag for shopping again but be asked to add on some cushy fabric for warmth retaining purpose.

:)

How cool would a little cat-fe bag be, dangling from your kitty's collar maybe loaded with a bit of cat-nip? ;)
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    How cool would a little cat-fe bag be, dangling from your kitty's collar maybe loaded with a bit of cat-nip? ;)

You know I would love tiny Tom Bihn Bags replicas to be used for a couple of coins or a tiny lock, at the end of a key ring or even better a Cord Zipper Pull.

When I was little, I collected novelty key chains they had little replicas of household things and were very fun.

Nowadays, one has to deal with boring logo stuff made in China.

I was delighted to find novelty key chains on Etsy but I think that nothing beats an item made by Tom Bihn.

I would buy the Cafe Bag in Ultrasuede.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0