Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

seattle messenger

First of all, the bag is freaking huge, which is great for me. I can fit a laptop and several law texts. Great!
    Couple of things though. Have you considered a waterproof coating or material? I just figured in a bag called a Seattle messenger, getting caught in the rain might have been foreseen. Hell, i am from texas, not too much rain usually, but i have gotten caught a couple of times and the water soaks right through. I tried scotch guard..doesn't cut it.
    Another thing is that the pocket on the outside of the front flap, with the little reflective tab (which i love) has zipper probs. The zipper gets caught on the lining of the pocket. Maybe the lining needs to be tacked down better. Okay, thanks!
    --Shawn

Hi Shaun,
    Glad you like the bag overall. It is one of my personal favorites for the same reasons, BIG size and being able to put the weight on my hips by using the waist belt. I also like all of the orginazition on the front of the bag.
    I am unclear where it has leaked. I know the front most pocket is an open pocket and the pocket and zipper ends may not be covered well by the flap depending on your load. That could allow water into that area. All of our fabric is treated with 1 1/4 oz of urathane per yard of fabric on the inside, this is one of the heaviest coating available. However, zippers and seams will leak. Anytime you pierce the fabric with a needle or put a zipper in it comprimizes the waterproofness of the fabric.

As for the zipper catching, I have tried several of our stock bags and my personal test bag and have not been able to duplicate the problem you are reporting. If you would like to call me about the problem maybe there is something we can do to repair your bag. Thanks for the feedback.
    Brian Lasley, Trager, Customer service manager
    blasley@TragerUSA.com
    Brian Lasley

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0