Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

I can't be the only one - Lunchbag?

How about it? An insulated lunchbag, especially designed to fit into the cafe or other bags, would be fantastic!

Has this already been discussed?

Alex

I second that -- I've been using many other insulated bags, but can't find one that works very well.

Hi there: It is not insulated, but I find the Yarn stuff sack (small) perfect as a lunch bag! I have my little soup thermos in there; an apple; a yogurt cup; and it all fits in really well and is easy to use and to clean!

Shiva,

Is the yarn stuff sack leakproof on the bottom? I was really hoping for something with insulation, but at least leak-proofness would be an improvement over the paper bag I'm using!

Thanks,

Alex

I think an insulated insert for the Co-Pilot would be fantastic!

That little bag is so versatile and stylish by itself that inserts could make it a lunch bag or
    a camera bag or
    an audio bag or
    a small film making/documentary bag (insert for mini Camcorder, professional audio (one microphone), light gauge, and a folding sun reverberation devices (those foil stuff which make anyone skin look magazine cover ready).

I second the idea of using the stuff sack for lunch/food. On our recent holiday, the stuff sack that came with my swift was used for lunches on day outings as well as storage for food that we were carrying with us when changing locations. I packed it today with my lunch for work and it seemed to work fine.

as for a leak proof bottom, I just filled mine with water, and it does leak at the seams. However, for small spills or leakage (say from over-zealous washing of the carrot/celery sticks before packaging) the plastic bottom wont allow stuff to seep through to other things in your bag.

Torea

Could the Clear Quarter Packing Cube idea be modified to be an insulated lunch cube?

I use a Fabric Aeronaut End Pocket Packing Cubes a 1 liter lock & lock and 2 half liter in my synapse. Perfect fit and totally waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by ratdeau View Post
    I use a Fabric Aeronaut End Pocket Packing Cubes a 1 liter lock & lock and 2 half liter in my synapse. Perfect fit and totally waterproof.
    Which Synapse's pocket do you put that very clever solution on?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Which Synapse's pocket do you put that very clever solution on?
    I put it in the main pocket. My book and a few papers are in the internal pocket.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0