Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please develop a rolling bag

HI folks:
    I have been looking for a good luggage cart. Pritchard: the one in Magellan's is no longer available. And I could not quite locate the travel lite cart at Amazon.
    The samsonite micro mover is hard to use---takes too much time to set up and fold down.
    yup: would not mind a luggage cart as my back grows older. please note: it just be my back; not me!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    HI folks:
    I have been looking for a good luggage cart. Pritchard: the one in Magellan's is no longer available. And I could not quite locate the travel lite cart at Amazon.
    The samsonite micro mover is hard to use---takes too much time to set up and fold down.
    yup: would not mind a luggage cart as my back grows older. please note: it just be my back; not me!
    This one may suit your purposes.

These are fine for TB bags and others the same size. I wouldn't trust it for a large suitcase.

The Magellan cart has rubber 3" wheels which helps in navigation.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Until Tom comes up with something, another option would be a rolling backpack. Many are carry-on compliant with three "soft" sides and one sturdier side for the wheels and handle. These bags would give you the option of rolling or carrying. The weight is an issue as you're looking at a 7-9 lb empty bag. With three "softer sides", you might have an easier time getting them in the overhead. A soft sided bag with one hard side containing the wheels and a handle are known as hybrid bags. They weigh somewhere between a soft sided bag and a hard sided bag. Not all hybrid bags have backpack straps.

If you get a rolling cart, and can't fit it into the Aeronaut, remember that it will count towards your carry-on allowance.
    Last edited by Frank II; 10-14-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Until Tom comes up with something, another option would be a rolling backpack. Many are carry-on compliant with three "soft" sides and one sturdier side for the wheels and handle. These bags would give you the option of rolling or carrying. The weight is an issue as you're looking at a 7-9 lb empty bag. With three "softer sides", you might have an easier time getting them in the overhead. A soft sided bag with one hard side containing the wheels and a handle are known as hybrid bags. They weigh somewhere between a soft sided bag and a hard sided bag. Not all hybrid bags have backpack straps.

If you get a rolling cart, and can't fit it into the Aeronaut, remember that it will count towards your carry-on allowance.
    ?? Points well taken, but I don't understand "count towards your carry-on allowance".
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Most U.S. airlines, and some foreign, allow for a carry-on bag and a personal item. If you take a cart that' doesn't fit inside the carry-on, it may count as your second personal item. (It's technically not part of your carry-on bag.) It's up to the gate agent.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    And I could not quite locate the travel lite cart at Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Travelite-Trav.../dp/B000EMBOZY

I have this cart. It works great, is very light, and folds quite small.

I think I bought a real check folding cart from Staples a long time ago. It works well enough but I rarely use it. If you put a TB bag on that it should be easy to cart around.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

If anyone is interested, B.A.D. (Best American Duffel) already makes a variety of duffel-based luggage, including rollaboard-style rolling duffels. All are made in USA.

In order for Tom Bihn to compete in this market segment, I would expect that theoretical Bihn rollaboards would have to offer something in terms of design to make them different from whatever else is already on the market.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0