Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thread: Synapse mods

Synapse mods

I got my Synapse today and I think I'll love it as much as my other bags...

But...

I'd really like it about two inches longer and the back compartment about two inches wider (maybe 1 1/2). That way, my cache would fit in nicely and I'd still be able to pack in all the extra junk I take when I travel. Plus, if it were two inches longer, I might be able to get my small water bottle into one of the front side pockets.

Have you tried the Smart Alec?

I haven't. I really like the idea of all the separate compartments on the Synapse. It's the one thing I miss in the North Face bag I use now.

The Smart Alec has two outside side pockets (sized for a water bottle) and zippered inner pockets and an open pocket. If the two inches would really make a difference . . . I find it a little large for everyday carry (using the Synapse now), but I don't have as much to carry these days. I think of it as the jetpack we were promised when I was young, minus the jet. Wouldn't that be cool!

Your water bottle doesn't fit in the Synapse water bottle compartment when you've loaded the rest of your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzporah View Post
    I got my Synapse today and I think I'll love it as much as my other bags...

But...

I'd really like it about two inches longer and the back compartment about two inches wider (maybe 1 1/2). That way, my cache would fit in nicely and I'd still be able to pack in all the extra junk I take when I travel. Plus, if it were two inches longer, I might be able to get my small water bottle into one of the front side pockets.
    The Synapse is exactly the right size for me and while I could stomach wider, any longer and it would be too big. I'm short and one of the big driving forces for the creation of the Synapse was many shorter customers pleading for a smaller Brain Bag. It's obviously got appeal beyond just being a backpack for smaller people, but I would prefer that it maintains dimensions suitable for us.

It also was not designed as a laptop bag. Though I do carry mine in it, I own a 10.1" netbook so it fits well. :) How big is yours?
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

I have one of the 13in macbooks and the cache does fit in the synapse nicely.

It may just be that I carry too much junk.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0