Needed: Business Card Cache

I just discovered a new possibility for a Tom Bihn accessory: a tiny pouch, built like the Bihn laptop Cache, but sized to hold 10-30 standard personal business cards. In this age of electronic everything, I was out on the road today when I had occasion to give someone my family business' card. Problem: I had no cards on me, and had no container to hold them in my vehicle.

What I'm suggesting would be a tiny pouch that opens and closes like the Bihn laptop Cache, but is sized to hold 10-30 business cards. There could be a place for a Bihn organizer pouch hook, but the hook should be removable so that the business card cache (BCC?) could be stowed in a car's glovebox or some other pocket without getting caught on anything. The flap could be something you could hold and open with your thumb if necessary. If you carry more than one kind of card, maybe there could be a version of the BCC with a divider in it, or maybe the BCC could be available in more than one color. The point here is to make something small enough to be pocketable, held in one hand (and opened by the same hand), yet be able to hold at least a dozen business cards. It doesn't need to hold a huge number of them. Other Bihn pouches and pockets can store larger supplies of cards. This would be something you could keep in a pocket, glovebox, backpack or briefcase for quick access while on the road.

The 3D Clear Organizer Cube, the Kit or the Side Effect are perfect for that!

No hook and plenty of storage space but...

I hear you, there is the zipper.

Business cards don't need the stiffness of the protective fabric found in the Cache but, if something like that can be made of Cordura or even better Ultrasuede, Tom is going to make it, it will look nice and cool to boot. :)

Great Idea MntMan!

Thank you for the feedback.

Organizer Cube has a zipper, and it is too big. Not something you'd want to carry in your pocket or in a glovebox.

Wallet has a zipper, and it is too big.

What I'm thinking of is something sized specifically for business cards.

Here's an idea: the Business Card Cache could be made of the same materials as the laptop Cache, or it could be made of cork material, or a mixture of same.

MtnMan - The Wallet is not too big, unless you only carry 5 business cards. If you want cork check out the organizer pouches.

I doubt you'd want to pay for the Cork Cache Card Case anyway. :)

SailorWA:

Are you talking about the Organizer Wallet?

Neat idea, but isn't the Organizer Wallet built to be carried in a Bihn bag (o-ring-monuted), as opposed to being carried in a pocket or a glovebox? I would think the hooks found on organizer pouches would be difficult to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    SailorWA:

Are you talking about the Organizer Wallet?

Neat idea, but isn't the Organizer Wallet built to be carried in a Bihn bag (o-ring-monuted), as opposed to being carried in a pocket or a glovebox? I would think the hooks found on organizer pouches would be difficult to remove.
    I use plenty of pouches in my pockets or anywhere else.

The clip is not at all a bother, on the contrary, many of time it has been a lifesaver when it was cold and snowy and I had really numb fingers. I could clip a pouch into an O ring or a Key Strap and not being afraid of losing the Pouch.

I did that with my Metrocard Mini Clear Pouch.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0