Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    I guess you didn't like my solution that effectively removed one of the pockets from the bag :)
    This sounds like sacrilege (sorry!). I like the streamlined design of the Synapse, but I suppose they could add a kind of outer mesh pocket between the two side seams and just above the bottom pocket. That would let you get quick access items that you didn't store inside the bag, and the light could sit clipped to the edge of that pocket. The design would have some advantages, but I'd probably still prefer the present layout. Also, you'd have to check that the stress on the seams is handled correctly.

I think I'd use a solution like the strap and clip on the Guardian Light, such as backpack suggests. That was really my first thought.

moriond

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5foot3 View Post
    Darcy - If I sewed something onto the bag myself, would that void the warranty as well?
    Only for that part of the bag - you couldn't then return the bag, and you wouldn't be able to send it in and say: "Hey, there's this mysterious webbing loop on the front! Can you remove it under the warranty/guarantee?" :) Defects in materials/workmanship on our part will still be covered.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Edited to clarify: I've been working on a solution for the past few months that allows one to clip a Guardian Light to the outside of most, if not all bags. This involves a new Guardian Light clip. Stay tuned for more news on this late this year or early next.
    Last edited by Tom Bihn; 10-30-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    This sounds like sacrilege (sorry!). I like the streamlined design of the Synapse, but I suppose they could add a kind of outer mesh pocket between the two side seams and just above the bottom pocket. That would let you get quick access items that you didn't store inside the bag, and the light could sit clipped to the edge of that pocket. The design would have some advantages, but I'd probably still prefer the present layout. Also, you'd have to check that the stress on the seams is handled correctly.

I think I'd use a solution like the strap and clip on the Guardian Light, such as backpack suggests. That was really my first thought.

moriond
    I was just reading and thinking that, instead of the mesh, a little clear zippered pocket could be setup somewhere on the lower area of the bag.

If it was the size of the mini organizer pouch, it could be used for

Red Guardian Light (security device at night while commuting or hiking the dark forest Olympic or Redwood)
    Transportation Scanning card for (Metro/DC, Orca/Seattle,...)
    Cool Tom Bihn Luggage tag for travel, (cute logo on one side/personal info on the other)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0