Suggestion for the Key Straps

Wondering if a variation ("accessory strap") might be in the works, with an o-ring on one end and clip on the other.

I often use a key strap attached to a Stuff Sack to give me a few extra inches and while I can clip clip-to-clip, there would be less stress on the clip-to-ring attachement, as they are somewhat difficult to disengage.

I suspect others with Kindle sleeves, organizer pouches, and 3-D clear organizers might find this of interest.
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

Indeed... capital idea!

It would probably be easiest to just go to a hardware store and buy some O rings. Slip one into the clip and there you go!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

That's a good thought, Heidi Jill. I'll have to give it a try.
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Jill View Post
    It would probably be easiest to just go to a hardware store and buy some O rings. Slip one into the clip and there you go!
    Actually if you go to a hardware store and ask for an "o-ring" they'll give you a rubber ring used in faucets. Ask for a "split ring" which will be found by the key making machine.

I'd actually prefer to use rubber O rings - no chance of them scratching or catching on anything in the bag! ;-)
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

You could also use a rubber washer meant for an outdoor hose.

I use key rings, they are bigger so I can daisywheel one or two pouches.

However, I second the suggestion of having a bag of Tom Bihn O Rings available for purchase to clip onto a Key Strap to attach another Key Strap.

That is the setup for my public transportation card Clear Pouch.

It is a real time saver, not to mention peace of mind (one knows that the Pouch is always attached to a bag) and minimal hand exposure to cold (something to think about in most areas of the northern hemisphere right now)

The two clips do work together but it would be smoother to have an O Ring in between, no chance of the two clip locking in an awkward position or undoing themselves.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-19-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0