Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Question on the luggage tags: is it a card insert on the back on which you write your data, or is it just on the plastic? Is there a way to conceal the data (e.g. reverse the card insert to show the reverse side) ? My concern with luggage tags is to always conceal my data so as to prevent the scurrilous from gleaning my address with their intent of scoping my home while I am away. Just being prudent.

They are gorgeous and will be in my March order, as I have a bag with the privacy screen on its luggage tag window, and I can just put this plane-side-out with a little label on it that says 'see reverse for owner contact data.' At present I use a white index card set up like that.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    Question on the luggage tags: is it a card insert on the back on which you write your data, or is it just on the plastic? Is there a way to conceal the data (e.g. reverse the card insert to show the reverse side) ? My concern with luggage tags is to always conceal my data so as to prevent the scurrilous from gleaning my address with their intent of scoping my home while I am away. Just being prudent.

They are gorgeous and will be in my March order, as I have a bag with the privacy screen on its luggage tag window, and I can just put this plane-side-out with a little label on it that says 'see reverse for owner contact data.' At present I use a white index card set up like that.
    hi ex,

you can either write your contact information on a card you insert into the luggage tag, or you can insert your business card into the luggage tag.

if you're concerned about someone gleaning information from your luggage tag, you can write the information so that it is small and fine but clear so that you can see it when you look at it up close, but not so that you can read it across the room.

I have a couple of bags from Patagonia (old ones) that have the luggage tag built into the bag. I like these cos there is no chance of ripping out ever. They have a simple slide in card feature, and a flap that snaps over it to have some privacy. I think this is one of those small details and ideas that would be great to see on TB bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Another nice detail that doesn't come through from the picture view: the hard plastic side with the picture has rounded corners, including the way the plastic side rounds down from the front face of the picture. If you run your fingers around the edges there are no places that dig into your fingers or catch on any cloth. Also, the colors have been carefully chosen to work well with a wide number of the current bag color combinations. (Forum members with a modest (ahem!) selection of Tom Bihn products in different colors in their possession can verify this.) I will just note that the tag traveled smashingly with my Indigo Tri-Star.

moriond

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0