Passport Holder Needs Improving

Just got my new Passport holder. True, a Passport will fit, but, it is a tight fit squeezing it through that narrow zipper opening. I hate to think of having to hurry to get my Passport out to present it to a TSA agent or some other official waiting impatiently. I wish the Passport holder: 1) was at least one inch wider; 2) had a second pocket maybe in the back to store a debit card, credit card and some cash.
    These changes would make a good product even better.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums, Carolina!

Hmm, my Passport pretty easily fits inside of the Passport Pouch. Does anyone else have a problem with it being a tight fit?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    hi carolina,

i've noticed that canadian passport books are larger than u.s. passport books, and that makes the u.s. passport books easier to get in and out of the passport pouch.

which passport do you have? if it's not u.s. or canadian, can you provide its dimensions?

thanks!

Good thinking, maverick!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Maverick is always on the ball! :)
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Solution Found

I have ordered a second Passport holder. I will have a local seamstress to:
    1-Put a longer zipper in for easier access
    2-Sew the second holder to the first back to back and thus create a second pocket for a debit card, credit card and cash
    Problem solved!!!

Carolina,

If you received a Passport Pouch that doesn't easily fit a U.S. Passport, you must have received one that was manufactured improperly - it should be a very easy fit. Can you tell me what your order number is? I have tried searching for your order(s) using the email address associated with your forum account, but nothing comes up. Please email me at darcy@tombihn.com