Having logged just over a week with my new Empire Builder/Brain Cell/Freudian Slip combo, it has more than met my expectations.

All the stuff that used to roll together into an undifferentiated mass at the bottom of my old briefcase is now separated and tucked away exactly where I can quickly find it. Couldn't ask for more...

....well actually I could. There are three minor nits, one of which has been mentioned here already.

- the main interior component cries out for a couple of O-rings. Darcy, I've seen you mention that topic before.

- the hard plastic dividers came out almost immediately and went into a storage drawer. They take up unnecessary space for anyone who (like me) keeps their paperwork in a separate portfolio, and I'd have gladly done without them and saved the nine bucks.

- Here's the biggie. My Asus netbook fits nicely into the HBC, and on either side of the Brain Cell (size 5) there is an "unrestrained" vertical space between the Cell and the briefcase. Right now I have my mouse, power supply, and a portable roll-feed scanner living in these vertical spaces, but they do tend to work loose into the body of the case.

I can think of two ways to make great use of these cubic inches...(1) an elongated organizer pouch maybe 11 x 2 x 2.5 which could live in this space and attach to the strap connectors on the Cell, or (my preference) (2) some foam inserts for a larger HBC which would let my netbook ride in the middle, and my accessories stack vertically on either side of it, within the Cell.

In fact, my only regret is that I did not deliberately buy a too-large Brain Cell so I could have grabbed some foam and a pair of scissors to set up that rig myself.