Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thorn

Thread: Bag Color Options

Bag Color Options

As long as the manufacture is working with TB on colors (such as solar), how about a color close to Ford Mustang Orange for travel bags!
    (still debating on plum or wasabi inside color) :)

I've never really seen anybody mention it but are prints out of the question?

wasabi

I've had a steel/wasabi empire builder for almost 3 years now, and I still perk up with I open the bag and see the flash of wasabi.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    As long as the manufacture is working with TB on colors (such as solar), how about a color close to Ford Mustang Orange for travel bags!
    (still debating on plum or wasabi inside color) :)

I've never really seen anybody mention it but are prints out of the question?
    They were looking at a burnt orange color two years ago; but never brought it out. Check out this thread:
    New Color Idea
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Thumbs up

I would prefer a brighter orange as on the mustang. Here's a sample pic, close as I could come with minimal image manipulation. This pic may be a little too bright, but I don't care much for burnt orange. And here's another pic in "almost kiwi" color.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Super Moderator
    I'd call that "almost kiwi" color "almost kelly" instead, but I like it -- other than black and silver (which I'll taunt art majors and optometrists by calling "tones" rather than "colors"), the option I'd most like is kelly green. Before I bought my Super Ego, a Courierware messenger bag in black and kelly was my most-carried bag for more than a decade.

timothy

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    I'd call that "almost kiwi" color "almost kelly" instead
    It's more of a Kiwi/Kelly hybrid, heh.

Below is a link to the orange color I was trying to color (just happens to also be luggage):
    http://www.ebags.com/titan_luggage/x...LAID=108291953

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    They were looking at a burnt orange color two years ago; but never brought it out. Check out this thread:
    New Color Idea
    Actually, that burnt orange color turned out to be our Cayenne.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Actually, that burnt orange color turned out to be our Cayenne.
    Get out! I had no idea! I was thinking it would be a different color. I missed that one, and I actually have an Olive and Cayenne Medium Cafe Bag.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Darcey.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Get out! I had no idea! I was thinking it would be a different color. I missed that one, and I actually have an Olive and Cayenne Medium Cafe Bag.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Darcey.
    No worries, Mike!! I think it was unclear as to whether that color would debut in ballistic nylon, or 1000d or 500d Cordura. We love the Cayenne, but that fifth color slot is always in rotation, so we won't be ordering it again. We don't know yet what the new color would be. But that change is a long ways off - at least a year!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Here's what the Tri-Star might look like in different colors. Naturally the orange and silver would look better with true black zippers and handle. Think I got Kiwi closer to what it should be (and apparently orange is difficult to master well with my software)

Left to right: Orange, Silver Matte, Crimson, Cayenne, Kiwi
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    alief likes this.

does that orange glow in the dark?

Kiwi looks Kelly Green to me. That orange does look like it glows in the dark.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0