Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thread: a camera pouch?

Volunteer Moderator

a camera pouch?

hello!

i know the camera insert is just around the corner. on a slightly related topic, i would like to suggest an accessory pouch for a point and shoot that one could quickly get their hands on.

this camera pouch could be made out of the same material that is used to make the padded organizer pouches. it would have a velcro closure similar to that found on the soft cell.

this camera pouch would attach to the strap of a backpack, messenger or cafe bag. as i'm walking around and want to capture something, i can quickly pull the camera out, and just as easily slip it back into the camera pouch when i'm done.

it would also detach and be able to go back inside the bag.

the idea is similar to the cell phone case on the buzz. the difference would be that this would be removable.

i know point and shoot cameras come in all different sizes. so we would need this bag to come in a few different sizes.

i would be happy to provide dimensions of my leica d-lux 4 for sizing the prototype for this case design :).

what do you think?

I use the padded organizer pouch as a camera bag. Fits my Powershot very nicely with room for a spare set of batteries and a card reader.
    Black/Crimson/Steel Ego, Crimson Brain Cell, Cocoa / Wasabi Large Café Bag, Indigo Tristar, Organizer Pouches and Packing Cubes!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SethKinast View Post
    I use the padded organizer pouch as a camera bag. Fits my Powershot very nicely with room for a spare set of batteries and a card reader.
    hi sethkinast,

i thought about that, but a padded organizer pouch cannot be attached to the strap of a backpack.

i saw this case at a store in amsterdam airport. i thought about getting it and figuring out a way to attach it to the strap of a bag, but couldn't bring myself to purchase a bag that had a canon badge for my leica camera :).

i like the canon bag design in general, though i'd prefer velcro to the zipper for quicker access.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0