Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Clear Organizer Wallet - Folder sized?

Clear Organizer Wallet - Folder sized?

I've been thinking, is there anything in the pipeline for some sort of Letter-sized organizer?

The reason I ask this is my Horizontal Freudian Slip hanging on the wall these days. When I used it with my ID it was wonderful for organizing papers, pens, and other stuff. However ever since switching to a backpack and carrying my Imago more, I find the Freudian Slip doesn't fit in my Imago, nor in my backpack. It's larger than my 15" laptop!

I've heard the large Cordura Organizer Pouch can fit in the Imago and carry letter-sized documents at the same time. But there are times when some sort of organizing ability coupled with a stiffer back would be nice.

So might it be possible to make a large version of the Clear Organizer Wallet, complete with Ultrasuede dividers, add some sort of stiff back to it, and make a Freudian Slip-lite-ish thing for documents? Bonus if the thing could be accessed either in horizontal or vertical configuration :P

Anyway, just throwing a crazy idea out there in the dead of a sleepless night.

Super Moderator
    That would be a cool product! And, from what I imagine from the description, it would also bridge the vertical / horizontal divide. (I have a vertical Fr. Slip, and it works just fine for my purposes when horizontal -- in the Super Ego rather than the Brain Bag, say, but I wish it was fully enclosed like the organizer wallet, *and* it would be great if it had a clear front, or at least a big clear window). Think of the handiness of this as a waterproof map holder, or holding a sheet of directions so they're legible, but protected. Or, for paranoids like me, where I could both constantly confirm the presence of important docus (plane tickets, passport) without removing them from any bag ;)

timothy
    Last edited by timothy; 04-30-2009 at 01:53 AM.

I didn't think of that! But I know many a time I've wished I could see my travel itinerary and tickets without having to pull it out of the pouch.

I do just that with one of my Large Clear Organiser Pouch.

Last car trip, I slipped the hotel reservation and directions in there.

I originally brought it to hold and protect a needlepoint stitch booklet which provided strength and flatness.

I imagine that any laminated document or heavy page protector could do the same.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-01-2009 at 07:23 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    i would definitely be interested in seeing a large organizer pouch/wallet with a clear front and ultraseude dividers!

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi Akilae,
    Quote Originally Posted by Akilae View Post
    I've been thinking, is there anything in the pipeline for some sort of Letter-sized organizer?

The reason I ask this is my Horizontal Freudian Slip hanging on the wall these days. When I used it with my ID it was wonderful for organizing papers, pens, and other stuff. However ever since switching to a backpack and carrying my Imago more, I find the Freudian Slip doesn't fit in my Imago, nor in my backpack. It's larger than my 15" laptop!

I've heard the large Cordura Organizer Pouch can fit in the Imago and carry letter-sized documents at the same time. But there are times when some sort of organizing ability coupled with a stiffer back would be nice.
    I posted earlier about using the large Cordura organizer pouch to carry papers in the Imago. In the ID bag you can use the Hoizontal Freudian Slip inside the main compartment, and a large Cordura organizer pouch in the outer pocket as an organizer/divider. The large pouch is a little bigger than two medium size pouches laid side by side --extend this by the width of the piping in the wide direction, and by the width of the zipper and its piping in height. I've attached a picture of this for the Imago.

Quote Originally Posted by Akilae View Post
    So might it be possible to make a large version of the Clear Organizer Wallet, complete with Ultrasuede dividers, add some sort of stiff back to it, and make a Freudian Slip-lite-ish thing for documents? Bonus if the thing could be accessed either in horizontal or vertical configuration :P
    Inside the pouch, I use the Levenger brief case folders shown in this old post in place of dividers/stiffeners. The one in the image is orange instead of blue, and the part with the translucent pocket sits below the zipper of the pouch. I've had to pull out the large pouch a bit to make it easier to view in the picture; the top of the pouch normally sits level with the top of the bag. There's a clear organizer pen case clipped inside, and there was Mac Book laptop in a sleeve that was removed so the large pouch could be viewed.

P.S. I usually use a Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago in ballistic nylon similar to the bag shown in eristick's post. The attached picture shows the Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago in Cordura that's like the one Just has. The Cocoa color goes better with the Clear Organizer Wallet colors, and one of these was clipped to left keystrap before it was "borrowed" prior to the photo. Check here for the Levenger Brief Case folders.

moriond
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0