Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Suggestion: facilitating combined shipping among forum members?

After hearing Tom say about the high cost of shipping to Australia "we want people to get together and put in a big order" I've been pondering - would the company consider using the forums to facilitate shared shipping to overseas destinations?

I can think of several ways to do it - each person pays for their order separately, or one person places the order and collects payments from other people.

Obviously there would be many traps - watching out for duty free limits would be a big one but something could be done?

Just a thought!

Audrey

Any Swedish Tom Bihn Fans Out There?

Fantastic idea.

My experience with UPS and HMRC in England was not good. I have been putting off other purchases until I could get to the USA in person.

That being said, I live in Sweden now and have yet to try importing goods from outside the EU, so I do not know the procedure.

I have a list of items I want to purchase, so if anyone in or around Göteborg or Stockholm wants to get together we can split the duties/delivery charges.

Regards,
    Scott