Volunteer Moderator

super thin notebook/folder with space for holding letter size sheets?

hi folks,

i was wondering if someone could recommend a super thin notebook, folder or other solution that will hold letter size sheets (to hold handouts and such). it would also be nice to have a writing pad but this isn't critical. if it has one, there should be very few so that it does not take up a lot of space.

i would like to be able to carry this in a medium cafe bag.

thanks!
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    actually, this is about bags! how do i move this thread to the Product Suggestions forum? :)

we could do this with a large enough organizer pouch with a piece of cardboard (like what backs a writing pad). so, cardboard wrapped between two pieces of dyneema, 500 or 1000 denier cordura fabric makes the back, and the front could either be clear so you could see the contents. or the front could also be dyneema, 500 or 1000 denier cordura fabric. i would prefer the clear.

would it be possible to place the zip on the very top rather than in the front at the top? am i describing that properly?

what do you think?

thanks!
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    thanks for moving this thread! :)

What I use is a large Clear Organizer pouch, the lightest being in Dyneema.

In order to keep the letter size paper and the pouch from wrinkling you need to use some cardboard such as the back of an old pad.

I have a Large Cafe Bag and it holds letter size paper, in a plastic folder, without trouble.

I don't know about fitting inside of a Medium Cafe Bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    What I use is a large Clear Organizer pouch, the lightest being in Dyneema.

In order to keep the letter size paper and the pouch from wrinkling you need to use some cardboard such as the back of an old pad.

I have a Large Cafe Bag and it holds letter size paper, in a plastic folder, without trouble.

I don't know about fitting inside of a Medium Cafe Bag.
    hi!

looking at the dimensions on the respective product pages, it appears the large organizer pouch will be a little too big for the medium cafe bag.

i'd still like the organizer pouch with the cardboard between two pieces of fabric and just big enough to allow 8.5" x 11" sheets to slide in and out.

an appropriately sized freudian slip (such that 8.5" x 11" sheets could fit vertically on one side - and some organizational pockets on the other side) would be another approach.

thanks,
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi maverick,

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    i was wondering if someone could recommend a super thin notebook, folder or other solution that will hold letter size sheets (to hold handouts and such). it would also be nice to have a writing pad but this isn't critical. if it has one, there should be very few so that it does not take up a lot of space.

i would like to be able to carry this in a medium cafe bag.

thanks!
    -m
    I posted about my solution for this a while back, in a thread about using the original Buzz. Try taking a look at the Levenger Briefcase Folders. I've linked you to the reviews page so you can read other comments. The plastic is very pliable and these folders last a long time. For example, I'm still using the folders I bought some years before they changed to the pastel color scheme (which was a couple of years ago, I think). They also introduced smaller sized receipts folders, which I haven't used. I only wish they would also carry a version of these sized for A4 paper, too.

I don't have a medium size cafe bag, but the large organizer pouches do fit into the Imago and, of course, into the front pocket of the ID bag, where they can do double duty as a pouch and divider. I have both the original large pouches and the ones they re-designed to be slightly larger. The difference in size is only by about the width of the piping, but it makes it easier to insert file folders into the current design, and also to use it to hold A4 paper.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

I don't have a medium size cafe bag, but the large organizer pouches do fit into the Imago and, of course, into the front pocket of the ID bag, where they can do double duty as a pouch and divider. I have both the original large pouches and the ones they re-designed to be slightly larger. The difference in size is only by about the width of the piping, but it makes it easier to insert file folders into the current design, and also to use it to hold A4 paper.

moriond
    Moriond,

THANK you for this information! I've been wondering about a Tom Bihn folder for my Imago as the horizontal Freudian Slip will not work. This is perfect!
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0