Smile Slight size adjustment to the Size 7 Brain Cell?

Hello all,
    So after a quick query about a brain cell for my MSI Wind U100 (asking about the size 5) I discovered the Size 7 horizontal version is coming. Now after doing some quick calculations I found that dimensionally speaking the 188mm and 35 mm dimensions are spot on but the width (248mm) is about 12mm too narrow. So, might I humbly suggest stretching this dimension a tad bit? That way it could fit the MSI and a plethora of other netbooks. Thanks for listening to the rantings of a netbook addict. Can't wait to order my ID this weekend!

Cheers,
    Nik

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi Nik!

Modifying the Size 7 Brain Cell would mean ordering new corrugated plastic, side foam, etc. and it would end up being a whole new size. I know Tom is reviewing new sizes of Brain Cells and Soft Cells for the MSI Wind U100, so stay tuned.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy,
    Fantastic news! Thank you. Maybe the timing will match the acquisition of my next Wind. I'm dreaming of a U115 Hybrid with SSD goodness. Thanks again.

Nik

For me, it's the HP Mini Note 1000... which is 262x168x25 mm.

So the size 7 is _almost_ big enough... 14mm too short.

The other thing is ... it would be interesting to see a size 7 vertical brain cell (only, long enough to hold my HP mini note 1000). I think I'd rather have that than the horizontal.

My new Asus eeePC 901 should be in my hands in a couple more days, and I'm glad to hear there's a brain cell on the way that will fit it; the size 7 should have a cm or two to spare in each dimension.

However, I agree with johnkzin; I'd prefer to have it sit vertically. I think it would make better use of space in a horizontal bag (like the Empire Builder), although I suppose I'll have to get one to find out for sure. I saved just about enough money by waiting this long to get a 901 to cover the price of an EB and brain cell, too.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by chappel View Post
    M
    However, I agree with johnkzin; I'd prefer to have it sit vertically.
    Don't get your hopes up for a vertical size 7 brain cell. I posted a question about making one here over half a year ago and got no response.

Vertical Brain Cell Size 7 for Acer / Fujitsu / Asus mini-laptops?

And if this non existing vertical size 7 brain bag was made just 12-14cm taller I think we'd all be happy.

heh. Since posting that, my HP order got cancelled ... and I wound up with a Dell Vostro A90 (the all black business unit version of the Dell Mini 9). I also upgraded my gadget bag from a Maxpedition Colossus to a Maxpedition Sitka... so, a size 7 horizontal braincell is probably just fine for me now (though, it might actually be a slightly tight fit in the Sitka, I'm not sure yet).

It would still be nice to see a vertical version though, if I ever decide to carry the Colosses for a day or something.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0