Any chance of a size 7 Soft Cell?

I've noticed several posts on the forum recently pertaining to netbooks -- the Eee PC, MSI Wind, Acer Aspire One, etc. I know you have a size 7 Brain Cell that would fit many of these, but in some ways it seems like overkill for a small laptop you can just toss into any number of bags. Any chance of making a Soft Cell with the same dimensions as the size 7?
    Last edited by gmich; 09-22-2008 at 08:11 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Yes! But it won't be the Soft Cell. The Soft Cell is difficult to make for laptops as small as the Netbooks or as thin as the MacBook Air. Tom's designing a new kind of laptop sleeve that will fit laptops like those much better.

You'll also be seeing more Ristretto-like bags with built-in padded laptop pockets for these laptops.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Cool -- any idea how soon we might see any of these?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Good question, but there's so much in the works right now (bags we haven't even talked about yet!), I'm not going to even venture a guess. Anywhere from November to early next year. :)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0