Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Knitters: How big should the larger Stuff Sack be?

If it's just being made taller... I'd like to see it accommodate a 8 inch needle... I don't know how much extra you need so it can close nicely without the points sticking through. I don't think it needs to be much wider. A yarn cake is only so wide, unless you have an odd size skein of yarn.

Measurements from my current sock/small project bags: 8.25 inches tall to bottom of the draw string. 1.5 inches from the bottom of the draw string to the top of the bag. Bottom of the bag is roughly 4x6 rectangle. Bag is 9 inches wide from side to side when flat, but top diameter is roughly 6.25"

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Changing the diameter is the tougher part: if it's just making the Stuff Sack taller, we can introduce the new size in the next couple of weeks.

Can all of you who want a taller Stuff Sack tell me how many inches taller exactly than the current one you'd want it to be?

Also: we're on schedule to get our Yellow Dyneema in the next 2-3 weeks, so expect Yellow Stuff Sacks soon!
    Can we preorder the yellow now?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    Can we preorder the yellow now?
    Soon! Maybe even next week...pictures coming then, too.

Here is a list of the accessories that will be available in Yellow Dyneema this year:

All Fabric Stuff Sack
    Clear Bottom Stuff Sack
    Clear Quarter Packing Cabe
    Backpack Packing Cube
    Shoulder Bag Packing Cube
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Here is a list of the accessories that will be available in Yellow Dyneema this year:

All Fabric Stuff Sack
    Clear Bottom Stuff Sack
    Backpack Packing Cube
    Great news. The clear quarter cube is my favorite knitting accessory- even over the stuff sac. I definitely want that in yellow as well as the sack.

Great news. The clear quarter cube is my favorite knitting accessory- even over the stuff sac. I definitely want that in yellow as well as the sack.
    Cool! Next year we'll be producing Aeronauts and Western Flyers lined with Yellow Dyneema as well as Packing Cubes.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

All Fabric Stuff Sack
    Clear Bottom Stuff Sack
    Backpack Packing Cube
    Is it ready for preorder?

They should be ready for pre-order soon...we should be picking up the fabric this week!

Ok, knitters! We have a limited number of new, taller Yarn Stuff Sacks available for testing. The first folks who Private Message me with their address will receive one for testing. Please specify if you'd rather it be Steel/White or Yellow/White and Clear Bottom or Fabric Bottom.

Ok, knitters! We have a limited number of new, taller Yarn Stuff Sacks available for testing. The first folks who Private Message me with their address will receive one for testing. Please specify if you'd rather it be Steel/White or Yellow/White and Clear Bottom or Fabric Bottom.
    The one day I don't check and I miss this. Still, I'd like to preorder the current size one in yellow with the clear bottom. The color looks great and if it's designed like the blue one it will be perfect.

The one day I don't check and I miss this. Still, I'd like to preorder the current size one in yellow with the clear bottom. The color looks great and if it's designed like the blue one it will be perfect.
    I'll make sure you get one - even if we have to make an extra. You've been so excited about the Yellow Dyneema that it just wouldn't be right if you didn't get one!

I'll make sure you get one - even if we have to make an extra. You've been so excited about the Yellow Dyneema that it just wouldn't be right if you didn't get one!
    Thank you Darcy.

Thanks again Darcy. It came today. I love the color. I haven't had a chance to actually use it knitting but I immediately put a project in it that doesn't fit in the old ones because of the needle size. The scarf and needles fit perfectly. I hadn't figured out what to use as a container for the scarf and now I have one.

Thanks Darcy, mine showed up today. My first thought was, it's huge. My second thought was, I love the color. I'm going to take it to knitting group tonight with a scarf in it that is too bulky to fit in my sock bags.

I just wanted to ask.. is this in addition to the current stuff sack, or as a total replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzporah View Post
    I just wanted to ask.. is this in addition to the current stuff sack, or as a total replacement?
    In addition: the Swift would still come with one of the regular sized Stuff Sacks, and the larger sack would be available for purchase separately.

I've been using the new sack all week. So far, it's the perfect size for projects that are too large for the regular sack. I've been putting the few things I need for my scarf in the sack with my yarn and needles: cable needle, small pad with pattern, pencil. I've been using it without the Swift since everything I use is in the sack. When the cord is fastened to the outside clip, it makes a handle that slips over my wrist for carrying.

I also love the color. I've ordered the solar clear quarter cube to use with it for whatever additional knitting items I might want to carry.
    Last edited by mrae; 11-22-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0