Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

People with cameras: you won't believe this, but...

Tom just handed me a prototype camera bag-type insert he made (for use with the Brain Bag and Smart Alec.) We plan to test it with my 20D and lenses and will ask you for feedback when the time comes. I hope you're as excited as I am...it looks really cool, even though it's a rough prototype.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Count me excited!
    Carrying an SLR is a challenge while still having my other usual load as well.

Ed

Awesome news! How about one for the over the shoulder type bags such as the ID? Is there a prototype in the works as well?

VERY Interesting Indeed!!!

Ah! Excellent! If it works for both backpack (i.e., Brain Bag) AND shoulder bags (i.e., ID), then I would be more than sold. One of the biggest challenges facing some of us photography types is moving from one bag to another depending on what we need to do.

Volunteer Moderator
    hey darcy,

very cool! will this work with the earlier smart alec also?

I am *extremely* excited about this. I have a Brain Bag and a recent Smart Alec, and could definitely use something like this for my Canon Digital Rebel XT that I have to carry along on every trip.

To this point, I haven't been happy with any solution. The past few trips, I've tried packing it in my Aeronaut with my clothes, but that makes it much tougher to use the packing cubes, which I love.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Nemeth View Post
    I am *extremely* excited about this. I have a Brain Bag and a recent Smart Alec, and could definitely use something like this for my Canon Digital Rebel XT that I have to carry along on every trip.

To this point, I haven't been happy with any solution. The past few trips, I've tried packing it in my Aeronaut with my clothes, but that makes it much tougher to use the packing cubes, which I love.
    Same here. I don't want or like putting my camera in the Aeronaut for the same reasons. It might work if you did a bundle packing method but I think the camera is too big fto be a bundle. Plus then you don't have much room for lenses and your stuff must be unpacked carefully so the camera doesn't fly across the room.

I have a Canon XTi and a Brain Bag and Aeronaut but my favorite solution thus far is using my Red Oxx Gator instead of the BB. When I tested the BB it would work but it wasn't protecting the camera to my satisfaction. On the plus side I could fit the camera in a Tamrac hand bag and then put both in the BB with plenty of room, which does not work on the Gator.

I stick with small, light, prime lenses so I'm probably not typical of a DSLR traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hey darcy,

very cool! will this work with the earlier smart alec also?
    It should!

And yes -- the insert would work with both shoulder bags/briefcases and backpacks.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The anticipation is killin me on this one. No sneak previews or anything ???

Volunteer Moderator
    i would love to evaluate pre-releases and provide feedback :-)

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    i would love to evaluate pre-releases and provide feedback :-)
    Count me in as well if needed.

Same here...!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid View Post
    The anticipation is killin me on this one. No sneak previews or anything ???
    Not quite yet....this is a prototype in crazy colors made out of leftover materials. :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Not quite yet....this is a prototype in crazy colors made out of leftover materials. :)
    you'd be surprised - crazy people love crazy color combinations!

some will even pay extra for those crazy combinations. :D

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0