Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    147
    I just read on the blog/twitter that the release date for the camera insert should be announced next week!

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    58
    I saw that earlier today, as well! I wanna see pictures of it in action!

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7

    Unhappy Is photo insert dead?

    Hey Darcy,

    Just curious. My question's prompted by Maverick's nice video on carrying photo gear in the Synapse. Is the photo insert that Tom's bro was prototyping back in February dead/sleeping very deeply/ way at back at line of possible products?

    I kinda gave up waiting and used a simple Tenba insert in my Patag*** bag. Hated to go to the dark side but ...

    waywest

  4. #64
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,526
    Quote Originally Posted by waywest View Post
    Hey Darcy,

    Just curious. My question's prompted by Maverick's nice video on carrying photo gear in the Synapse. Is the photo insert that Tom's bro was prototyping back in February dead/sleeping very deeply/ way at back at line of possible products?

    I kinda gave up waiting and used a simple Tenba insert in my Patag*** bag. Hated to go to the dark side but ...

    waywest
    It's still very much a high priority, but we haven't yet found the right material to be laminated to the foam for the exterior of the insert. Until we find the right material, the insert won't be available for pre-order. We want it to be perfect.

    And hey - I currently use an Ortlieb camera bag. While I don't own any Patagonia bags, I own a number of great pieces of clothing made by them - I think they're a cool company. :)
    Last edited by Darcy; 09-14-2009 at 01:08 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's still very much a high priority, but we haven't yet found the right material to be laminated to the foam for the exterior of the insert. Until we find the right material, the insert won't be available for pre-order. We want it to be perfect.

    And hey - I currently use an Ortlieb camera bag. While I don't own any Patagonia bags, I own a number of great pieces of clothing made by them - I think they're a cool company. :)

    Thanks for the quick update. And, hey, which Ortlieb bag are you using? Details, we want details. ;-)

    waywest

  6. #66
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,526
    Quote Originally Posted by waywest View Post
    Thanks for the quick update. And, hey, which Ortlieb bag are you using? Details, we want details. ;-)
    I use the Aqua Cam.

    Also - we found some possible fabrics for the exterior of the insert. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0