Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Leftover materials? I met a guy 25 years ago that built his garment empire on 'scraps' of fabric....
    Luciano Benetton
    Please make mine with lots of scraps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Not quite yet....this is a prototype in crazy colors made out of leftover materials. :)

Actually crazy colours are not a bad idea. Everything on the market is.... black. How distinct is that? Given that the inserts are inside a bag, different colours would help differentiate between the lens, flashes, filters, blah, blah, blah...

More significantly, if Tom can actually use factory floor scraps to make them & offer them at a lower price, we can all then promote them as Tom's Green Up-cycled Camera inserts.
    United Colors of Tom Bihn? Why not?!

-------
    "The R&D department, she said, is currently working on a fabric recomposed from scraps. If the development succeeds, she said, it could make profitable use of the tons of scraps currently swept away as waste in the textile industry each day."

Quote Originally Posted by ozone View Post
    Actually crazy colours are not a bad idea. Everything on the market is.... black. How distinct is that? Given that the inserts are inside a bag, different colours would help differentiate between the lens, flashes, filters, blah, blah, blah...
    Last edited by Zephyrnoid; 09-07-2008 at 06:47 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Very exciting! I do hope Tom's planning on making one for the Checkpoint Flyer as well! I'll be happy to be a guinea pig and test one anytime! :)

Volunteer Moderator
    looks nice darcy! can't wait to get my hands on one...

Tom's brother Dan reports that the insert is working beautifully. I imagine that we'll have an insert for just about every bag!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Tom's brother Dan reports that the insert is working beautifully. I imagine that we'll have an insert for just about every bag!
    Great news! Any clue as to when ya'll might start rolling out production?

Quote Originally Posted by suden View Post
    Great news! Any clue as to when ya'll might start rolling out production?
    As soon as February/March.

Even better news...can't wait! :D

Interesting. I already have the Brain Bag so that might be something I have to look at for trips.

You're on the right track! Go Tom!

Darcy,

That insert looks great. Bright colors inside will definitely help us find all those black cameras, lens, well just about all photo gear is black.

Assume the dividers will be moveable so they can be reconfigured for various gear. Also hope the bottom's padded since bags like the ID aren't. Looks like you'll have a vertical and horizontal version, ala the soft cell and brain cell.

Very nice indeed!

I have some concerns, it looks big and it has no zipper on top.

Please keep up posted on Tom's brother's comments on using this product.

If he could post here it would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by waywest View Post
    Assume the dividers will be moveable so they can be reconfigured for various gear. Also hope the bottom's padded since bags like the ID aren't.
    Yes and yes! The dividers are movable, and the bottom is padded.

O Joy (and o-rings)

Yes and yes! The dividers are movable, and the bottom is padded.
    Terrific Darcy!

Also, another tweak: If photo-bag insert had two o-rings like the new Shop Bag...then we could use our TB organizer pouches to hold memory cards and all the little bits and pieces that go with cameras and lens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0