Vertical Form Sleeve for 12" Notebooks

Hope I don't get flamed for using a PC around here :) but....

Will you be carrying vertical format sleeve for 12" notebooks such as an IBM X31? I'd like to have a vertical format sleeve that I can throw into a backpack for my Thinkpad. I thought about getting the Brain Cell and carrying it horizontall in my backpack but I don't want my backpack feeling too wide.

Also, how well does the X31 fit in the Brain Cell? The size 5 Brain Cell interior dimensions are 11.5"x9.5"x1.5" whereas the X31's dimensions are 10.7"x8.8"x1.19". It seems like there would be some sliding space in the size 5 Brain Cell.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi Edward,

I would suggest getting the Size 5 Brain Cell. It's basically a square - so, making a vertical
    version wouldn't make much sense. It would be the same size as the 'horizontal' version. It's a very small case and you should not have any problems fitting it inside
    your backpack.

That small difference in dimensions shouldn't compromise the protection. The Brain Cell has hard, corrugated plastic walls and on the inside thick, plush foam. If
    the laptop did move around at all, it would be very little and it would just sort of nudge the foam.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

And believe it or not, I haven't 'made the switch' yet. I'm using a PC too! Don't tell anyone, though.

Will the Brain Cell (size 5) be offered in any new colors soon? From some of the reviews I've found on the web, it sounds like there was once a larger selection of colors for the Brain Cell.

Edward,

The Brain Cell is currently available in Black, Crimson, Smoke, Sapphire, and Grid.

The Brain Cell will soon be available in all of the above colors with the addition of Wasabi and Steel (a darker grey than Smoke). Steel will eventually replace Smoke.

The only color we used to make the Brain Cell in that we don't anymore is U.N. Blue, which has been discontinued.

When is the Steel color coming out?

Originally posted by Edward
    When is the Steel color coming out?
    I would say about 1-1 1/2 months before the Steel comes out in the Size 5 Brain Cell.

Hi Darcy, check your mailbox... I sent you another private message.

Thanks, Edward

How much padding is there on the side of the Brain Cell? If I were to carry it vertically in a backpack, how much protection would my laptop have?

bump... can anybody answer my question? :)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0